SIXTEEN

Third Person POV

Jisoo dragged Lisa by her wrist and walked briskly through the trees with a stern look on her face. Not once did she look back or try to make conversation with the girl as she was determined to get out of here as soon as possible. 

"Jisoo" Lisa called out, but the woman didn't respond to her. 

"Jisoo!" Lisa called out again this time whipping her wrist out of the older woman's hold which made Jisoo turn around and sigh. 

"What?" Jisoo asked. 

Lisa gave her a bewildered look, "w-, what!?" she said. 

Jisoo sighed again, "Lisa, we don't have time, we have to get out of here before they gather..." she said quietly the last part. 

"They? Who? And why are you here suddenly, where are you taking me?" Lisa bombarded her with questions with her brows furrowed. 

Jisoo hesitated but she didn't have time to make up a thought out decision, so she tried grabbing Lisa's wrist again but the girl pulled it away in time to get out of reach for her grasp. Jisoo had no choice but to tell Lisa enough for her to know the danger that's currently threatening her safety. 

"There will be a turf war with two of the most ruthless and aggressive clans around this area, and they are no joke" Jisoo said grimly. 

"Clans?" Lisa asked. 

Jisoo nodded, "Nighthowlers and Caitiff" she muttered. 

Lisa's brows furrowed, they sound so familiar to her ears. 

"Listen Lisa, we need to go, now. It is dangerous for you to be here, in this forest, this is where they're having their brawl. Well actually a brawl understates it, those motherfuckers never lets one single of the other get away" Jisoo mutters under her breath for the last part. 

Jisoo stops for a second and scans Lisa's body top to bottom, and cringes. The girl tilted her head confused and looked down at her body, she cringed too. Parts of her clothes were torn and there was blood dripping from the many wounds that was caused by the branches that scratched her when she ran through them. 

Jisoo shook her head and ticked her tongue and took off her jacket to wrap around her. 

"W-wait, I don't need it" Lisa tried to resist. 

"Trust me, you will. They have sharp noses, both of them" she said grimly.

They? Lisa thought. 

A rustle sounded near them and Jisoo whipped her head towards that direction frantically and exasperated "shit, shit, shit" and grabbed Lisa's wrist again and started walking quickly. 

"If Jennie knows I let you be anywhere near them she would kill me" she cringed. 

At the mention of her name Lisa felt a fierceness grow in her guts, "Whatever clan this is I'll be fine! I don't need you to babysit me!" she huffed but still allowed Jisoo to drag her. 

"Are you sure baby girl? I can handle myself cuz I'm a demon but you?" she chuckled at the last word. 

She pouted and stubbornly tried to pull her wrist out of her grasp and almost succeeded when she said "if your skin even leaves my hands for a mere single second I will kiss you, and I'm not joking". 

Lisa stopped moving. 

And she heard Jisoo let out a sad sigh. 

They continued walking for a while, Lisa gave up on fishing more information from the older, so she just nervously followed the leading one.