FIVE

Lightning thrashed, and soon after a roar from the thunder followed with heavy rain drops splattering against the windows. Jennie sat at her desk on the top floor of her skyscraper, hand busy with the pen that's following on with all the paperwork on her desk.

Then appeared a man at the door wearing formal black suit white gloves, who knocked orderly before entering. Jennie unfazed continued her work with no acknowledgement of the man.

"The messenger just came in, it's about Ms.Manoban."

*Silence.

"She was fired from her job and her belongings were seized at her apartment where she was kicked out. There could be possible danger for where she is now, should we do something?" he asked calmly.

Her hands stopped for a second before continuing what they were doing before. After a while of  nothing but the sound of scribbling, the man seemed to get the hint and prepared to leave but the voice stopped him.

"Where is she now" she asked eyes still focused on her papers.

"After wandering on the streets, she was last spotted sitting at a park ledge" he replied patiently.

Jennie clutched her pen. It happened, with those foster parents of hers, she knew it was going to end up like this one day. The compulsion is tugging on her heart, telling her to do something.

But she was hesitant, after all, she has succeeded to stay away for all these years. She just has to control herself now of most times and just let it be. She tells herself after this, things will get easier . So just leave her be.

But easier said than done. As time passed by she thought things would get easier, easier to stay away, easier to hold herself back from getting involved in the girls life. But instead of getting easier, the urge has grown, especially now when she knows the girl is out there living a harsh life, but she just couldn't. 'Don't get involved with a human.' That's what her father told her, and that's what she told herself to commit to.

But it's Lisa.

The flash image of the girl alone and vulnerable caused her heart to ache. Jennie gripped her pen hard before slamming it onto the table, and unmindfully decided that this contemplation was over. She got up to leave grabbing her tailor made jacket on her way through the door, and the man followed as if he knew the meaning without words.

"The car's ready downstairs."

She got here without much thought of what she was going to do, because the only thing that was on her mind at the time was to get to where she was. Weird emotions stirred up in her when she saw the girl cry in her knees. Ones she haven't felt in a long time, ones she didn't have control over. The man, which was her butler opened an umbrella before opening the door for his master, shielding her from the rain getting drenched himself.

As Jennie walked closer and closer towards the girl, she could feel the thrill and attachment for the girl grow more with each step. When she stopped infront of the girl, she could tell her trembling body cold from the rain was trying it's best to warm itself up. The blood working rapidly inside of her radiated such a warm, delicious scent. Jennie almost couldn't help herself when she got a whiff of it, it took everything she had not to go straight to her neck.

The girl seemed to have noticed her but chose to ignore her presence. When Jennie got a peak the girls face she almost choked. Even in in the rain with her tired eyes red from crying and her face obvious of her sadness, she still looked like an angel. But the sadness she saw in those teary eyes, Jennie felt like it almost broke something inside of her. Too much is too much, she couldn't stop herself and the words slipped out.