Chapter 22

I had arrived at the doctors. Rafael had said he would be running five minutes late. Luckily I arrived early. Once they called my name I went back with my doctor and asked if we could wait five minutes for Rafael and she said it was fine but she took my weight and blood pressure in the mean time. When she was done there was a knock on the room door. My doctor answered it and Rafael ran in.
"I'm sorry I'm late." Rafael said out of breath.
"It's alright. You can take a seat in that chair next to the exam table." Rafael sat in the chair and I laid on the table and pulled up my shirt. Our doctor put the gel on my stomach and moved the wand around.
"Let's see what we have here? You wanted to know the genders correct?" The doctor said.
"Yes." I said.
"Well congratulations you are expecting two little boys."
I turned my head to see the biggest smile on Rafael's face.
"Would you like a picture?"
"Can we get six?" I asked.
"Yes." The doctor said and printed them and then I set up my next appointment and we left.
"Give one of the sonograms to your mom and Olivia please. Also, could you see if Olivia is free sometime I want to talk." I asked Rafael.
"Talk about what?" Rafael asked.
"About what happened to me, you can be there if you want but I do not want you doing the trial. I'll need your support more and I can't get that if you are doing the trial."
"I'll do my best. I'm sorry I'm just protective of you." Rafael said. I kissed him on the lips and gave him a sonogram for his mom and Olivia and got in my car and picked up the twins from Rafael's mom's house and headed home.