Chapter 6

I was released from the hospital. Rafael has yet to know that I'm pregnant. I don't want to worry him more than he already is though. But he has to know. The car ride home was silent. I still couldn't wrap my head around the fact that I was not only raped, but I was pregnant.
"Courtney?" Rafael said
"Huh? What?" I asked snapping out of my thoughts.
"We're home." Rafael said and got out of the driver side to get the kids out of the car. I got out as well with my bruises covered with make up. I didn't want my kids to see them. We walked inside and the kids ran off to play. I lay on the couch with Rafael and just started crying as he held me.
"I'm sorry. I-I should of told you a-about my job and the daycare. I didn't think that he would follow me to New York. This is all my fault!" I cried as Rafael held me.
"Listen to me cariño. This isn't your fault. This is your ex-boyfriends fault." Rafael said with a stern look on his face.
"I'm scared." I said with tears flowing down my eyes.
"Don't worry. We'll get through this." Rafael said.
"You don't understand." I say and put Rafael's hand on my stomach.
"Courtney, what is going on?" Rafael asked confused.
"I'm p-pregnant." I said sadly as I look away.
"I need some air." Rafael said and got up.
"Rafael" I said and before I could stop him he was out the door and I started sobbing on the couch.