Chapter 15

Courtney's POV
I was so scared I could feel my heart beating rapidly as Embry held the knife to my neck. I could hear the crackling of leaves as footsteps approached us. I prayed someone would find us soon. Embry backed us up hiding us farther in the bushes.
"Embry please." I whispered.
"Shut up!" He whispered harshly.
I shut my eyes tightly.
"Over here! The dogs found something!" I heard someone say.
"Shit!" Embry muttered as they noticed the trail of blood.
"Police! Come out with your hands up!" I heard Nick's voice say.
Embry came out of the bush slowly with the knife to my neck still. I looked at the police in fear.
"Don't come any closer or I'll slit her throat!" Embry said with anger.
Olivia then put her hands up in the air.
"Okay no need to do that let's just talk." Olivia said and put her gun away.
"Embry I know you only wants what's best for Courtney. You just want to see her happy. But is hurting her really making her happy." Olivia said.
"She's supposed to be with me! She's supposed to love me!" Embry yelled in anger.
"And I'm sure she does. Isn't that right Courtney?" Olivia asked me. I then noticed one of the police officers missing.
"Yes. I love you Embry. I really do." I said sincerely even though I was lying through my teeth. Just then I heard a gun shot and jumped. Embry was then handcuffed by Rollins. Olivia then ran over to me followed by Nick and Finn. I was then put into an ambulance and taken to the hospital.