Chapter 18

Olivia POV
"Okay so you and Rafael got into a fight. Do you remember anything after that?"
"I remember Rafael storming out of the house and myself crying because of it." I said.
"Okay so you two got into a fight, then what happened?" Rollins asked
"I wish I could remember but I just can't." Courtney said in tears as she clenched her hair tightly.
I was about to say something but Barba came into the room swiftly before I could.
"Alright Olivia, Amanda, that's enough please leave my wife to get some rest."
"Barba. We're in the middle of an interview." Amanda said. It was unusual for him to barge in like this.
"Mommy!" His daughter said and ran at his wife followed by her brother.
"Alright you two. Let mommy get some rest." Barba said taking both of them off her bed.
Barba then walked out shocking both us and Amanda.
"I'm sorry about that. But he's right I can't remember anything." Courtney said. I knew she was scared though.
"Alright well if you can remember anything. Here's my card." I said and gave her my card and she nodded at me. I then left the room with Rollins and saw Barba talking to a doctor.
Once he finished I walked over to him with Rollins.
"What was that Barba? I know she's you're wife but-"
"Exactly Olivia. She's my wife and after thinking about it I don't want her going through a trial right now. I don't think she can handle it." Barba said
"That's for her to decide." I said
"Olivia is right. Barba, she was just about to talk until you barged in." Amanda said.
"Thanks Amanda. I've got this. Head back to the squad room and see if you can get anything out of her ex." I said to Amanda and she just agreed knowing better than to argue. She then left and I looked back at Barba.
"Barba this will help your wife find closure." I said.
"Well it's not just about my wife anymore." Rafael said in anger.
"Daddy. I want to go home." Rafael's daughter said.
"We will. And I'll buy you and your brother something to eat." Barba said to his children.
"Olivia you're my friend, but please just stay out of this. I'll handle it." Barba said but I could hear his voice crack a little. Something was wrong. Rafael then began to walk out with his children.
"You know I can't allow that." I said.
"Just leave it." Rafael said left with his children.
Once he was gone I talked to a nurse.
"Hi, I was talking to Mrs. Barba. May I go back in?"
"I'm sorry but the doctor is with her right now. But you can come back tomorrow." The nurse said.
"Thank you." I said and headed back to the squad room.

Courtney's POV
Once Olivia and Rafael left the doctor came in shortly after.
"Hello Courtney. How are you?" The doctor said.
"I could be better. I'm just really tired." I said.
"Okay well. I just wanted to let you know that one of the test we did came back."
"What test?"
"I'm sorry to say but you had a miscarriage from the previous events you had experienced."
I then broke down as soon as he said that.
"I'll leave you alone." He said and left.
I then cried myself to sleep.