Chapter 26

Sooooo, I've come back to this story...sorry for such a delay! I started writing other stories and just well honestly this one got lost in the shuffle. But on AO3 I got a comment about returning to this story and I was so touched that someone actually wanted more, haha. Silly I know. So I'm hoping to kinda cycle around my stories and update on a rotating basis. Who knows if it will last but let's just say I'm going to try. I hope you like and if you want more Kidge, please read my other stories. I love feedback, so if you like please leave a kind word...stay safe all!!

Pidge is up. But she hasn't moved a muscle and while she cannot see a clock from this position she is guessing it's actually pretty early in the morning. Which is odd. Usually after a late night of work she likes to sleep in late but here she is. And not tired. Not crabby. Not annoyed. In fact she's feeling pretty damn good. Reliving last night's revelations and basically turning everything over in her mind and examining how this is going to change...well, pretty much everything.

Fuck!

The team here is going to be impacted, especially James. Shit. And half the team here are his friends. How is Veronica going to feel? Part of her thinks she'll be cool about it but who knows. She's related to Lance and while more nerdy than he is she's still pretty unpredictable. But she still feels that is better then thinking about the team at home. Matt, Shiro. What will they think? Then there's her parents...though if she's honest, she knows her mom will definitely be thrilled but she isn't too sure how her dad will react. He's always telling her there's no rush and to explore. Like she hasn't already explored the freaking universe! And gods know there is no one else like Keith. Keith. She can feel her cheeks getting hot and she focuses on the points of contact. There's a lot and she loves it. Who knew she'd love being the little spoon!

Keith has his arm thrown over her and he's snuggled up to her back, literally radiating heat everywhere. She absently thinks this is a definite perk of sleeping with Keith. No cold feet, no cold hands, no cold...well, anything in fact. It's nice. But more than the warmth, it's nice to be held. Matt has always been affectionate and Lance and Hunk are pretty touch freely. But knowing that Keith genuinely liked her. Not Axca, not Veronica or one of the many beautiful aliens who have tried to attract him over the years. Just plain...regular... Pidge. He picked her.

Why? She couldn't keep the smile off her face. He knew her at her best but honestly he also has seen her at her worst so she wouldn't have to pretend. She didn't have to pretend she liked something because hell, he often knew her tastes before she did. Or remembered them. He also understood her work ethic and he never cared that she was a genius. In fact, he was proud of her. He trusted her opinion and really listened to her, didn't just pretend or humor her. But, strangely enough and most importantly, he also knew how to go toe to toe with her or call her out when she was wrong. In fact, she knew he could take her anger, hurt and pain and he'd help her shoulder that burden. It was refreshing to be able to truly be herself with him. Not some doll or princess...just plain old Katie.

Sadly while she knew this, it was times like this, when the unexpected happened that Pidge would over think things and look for problems. (Some might have even dared to say create problems.) So she took a deep breath and tried to just accept. No make believe scenarios she needs to defend against. Sigh. Accept the good as well as the bad. Unfortunately she has more experience accepting the bad. Accepting good was scarier.

So to keep herself busy, she slowly turned so she was lying on her back and she could turn her head to look at Keith. It wasn't often she could just take him in. Her eyes traced his features. His hair flopped in his face, messy and soft. A little on the long side, which she kinda liked. His eyelashes are so thick and dark. His eyebrows were even nice and even! He's really kinda pretty. She tries to keep in her chuckle because he would hate that she thought him pretty. Then she follows his straight nose (and really how! He's been hit so many times!) Down to his full lips. She now knew they were soft but they really make her feel...um... she hesitantly reaches a finger to hover above them. Just a touch. He looks dead asleep which is why when he speaks without moving or opening his eyes, he startles her! Her hand flies back, hitting herself in the face and she jolts.

"Mmmm, you're up early for, well, you." Pidge can feel her stomach flutter, his voice is so deep right now heavy with sleep and almost lazy. It really does something to her, making her heart race and slow all at the same time. She bites her lip as his eyes flutter open, staring right at her. They hold the gaze for a few minutes. Both smiling softly. She really cannot help it. He makes her happy.

"Hi." Pidge whispers, then promptly closes her eyes, damn, that was dumb. He huffs out a laugh and leans forward to kiss her nose. "Hi yourself. Hungry?" At her nod, he moves and she thinks he's climbing over her to the bathroom. But then he captures her mouth in a kiss that she never would have imagined she'd share without first brushing her teeth! Morning breathe, ew. But somehow, for some reason...it's damn near perfect.

After their kiss, he pulls her close, leaning on his forearms above her. He whispers, "Me too."

She absently nods, her one hand drifting from around his neck to down his shoulder, down his arm, waiting for him to get up, when suddenly Keith was kissing her again. But more. Different than before. Deeper and more passionately. It was heady. And she realizes, she's never felt like this before. Somehow I slipped my hand under his shirt feeling the scars, the muscles, feeling, well, Keith. Then both my hands find my way to his back. Holding him tight, I couldn't help the moan that escaped. Then Keith growled and I could feel myself feeling like I was being wound so tight and on edge. Of what, I don't know. But I feel prickly and yet soft all at once.

But Keith knows. He definitely knows what he's doing to me. And he's trying to do more. And I can't wait. Because judging by the hot heated press of his body, he's ready for something too!

Then Keith's hands are moving and she can feel him moving her shirt up and out of the way . And now she's panting. Because it's like the heat is on high and she's just waiting for something more. Then suddenly, knocking on the door causes them both to pause. Well, it stopped her because she couldn't quite place the noise, she was so off her game right now. Literally if someone broke in she'd be in real trouble. Because Keith and his fucking magic hands kept going. Removing those underwear,  pulling and adjusting her legs until they were wrapped around his waist and she found herself kissing him with all her focus. Again. Ohmygod.

"Open the damn door you two! It's time to wake up and face your family."

Both their eyes snapped open and Keith groans, "Who invited them?"