Meeting Katie Holt

Meeting post fight on earth and recovery

Keith POV

Everyone is in the main room, when Commander Holt realizes his daughter is NOT present.

"Katie is not here, she probably overslept, can I please ask for someone to get my daughter here?"

Commander Iverson sighs deeply yet all of the Paladins smile, exchanging glances...Pidge is ALWAYS late for meetings. She often works late on her projects and forgets to set an alarm. Or she really does not want to be present so she makes herself scarce!

Suddenly, James raises his hand, "Sir, I can go get her."

Keith frowns, replying "I got her."

Everyone looks at Keith, surprised but he quickly stands and moves out of the room.  He didn't think she would appreciate one of the new people barging in. She liked her privacy and he could understand that. Besides, he did not understand why James would volunteer to get her rather than one the girls. He didn't much care for the idea of a stranger waking her up, a boy stranger at that. Which is completely reasonable, right? He'd do this for any paladin.

Keith strides quickly to Pidge's room, knocking repeatedly to no avail and finally just uses his master card to open her door.  He walks in and sees her tangled in her sheets. For some reason the room is extremely hot and she has her sheet all twisted up around her. He closes the door and walks to her bed. At this point, Keith goes red and suddenly stops. He can see Katie is sleeping in a T-shirt and panties...wtf.

She looks so cute...no I mean...peaceful. Usually Pidge is full of energy, always thinking ten steps ahead. Right now she looks, young and beautiful. No, no, no, not beautiful. Just um, tired, well rested???

What the heck is wrong with him, why is he so uncomfortable? Keith decides to clear his throat...repeatedly. Nothing. Katie does not budge. Wait, why am I thinking Katie versus Pidge. Pidge is my friend and teammate. Katie,

Is

    Not.

Finally Keith musters all his calm and slowly reaches for Katie...no Pidge. However, just as his hand touches her shoulder, a bright light appears!