Chapter Fifteen

Louis's P.O.V.

Throughout the week, I kept wondering if Mr. Robertson considered me for the role of Romeo. Every time someone did a reenactment of Romeo and Juliet, almost every guy wanted to try out for the role. I didn't like to brag, but I thought that my performance was the most convincing. Aside from the play, I kept thinking about Y/n. We would briefly say hi if her brother and friends weren't around.

I was getting tired of not being able to spend time with my girlfriend in public, and I could tell that she felt the same way. At the beginning of every day, I would leave her a note in her locker that said, "Have a great day, remember to smile!" I overheard her brother and friends asking her who wrote those mysterious notes, but little did they know that it was me.

Y/n's P.O.V.

Finally, it was Friday. And it was time to see the cast list for Romeo and Juliet. A small crowd had formed outside of Mr. Robertson's office, and soon he came out holding a white sheet of paper. "Okay guys. This is the cast list for Romeo and Juliet. All of you did an amazing job, so don't take it personally if you're not on the list," Mr. Robertson said before stapling the list to the small corkboard. Everyone who auditioned started rushing to the corkboard, and I struggled to get past them.

When I finally managed to get past the crowd, my eyes quickly scanned the paper, and I saw my name...

Juliet Capulet, played by Y/n L/n

Romeo Montague, played by Louis Hynes

My eyes grew wide as saucers as I read those two lines a few more times. I had gotten the role of Juliet, and Louis was going to be my Romeo. "I got it!" I cheered out as I got out of the crowd and walked back towards my brother and Dylan. "So, which role did you get?" B/n asked. "I got Juliet!" I answered with a big smile on my face. Dylan wrapped his arms around me and hugged me tightly. "Congratulations! So, if I may ask, who is the lucky Romeo?" he asked.

My face fell, and I let out a small sigh, acting like I was disappointed, and looked back at them. "Louis got the part of Romeo," I said softly. Dylan and B/n's eyes grew wide, and I was a little nervous about what they were going to say about this. I acted disappointed, and I silently prayed that they were going to buy it. "Oh man, this is insane. Are you sure?" Dylan asked. "Yeah, I saw his name on the cast list," I answered. When some of the crowd dispersed, Dylan walked towards the corkboard, and finger quickly scanned the paper.

"Yeah, he's on there," he shook his head in disbelief. "Great, I can't believe my sister has to kiss our enemy," B/n sighed.