Chapter Twenty

Louis' P.O.V.

I don't want to hear another word about it. We're done, Y/n. I don't ever want to see you again! Those words kept repeating themselves inside my head, over and over like a broken record. And the look on Y/n's face couldn't get out of my head. She was stunned, and she had tears falling down her face. Was that too harsh? I asked myself as I walked up the driveway to the front door. "Louis! Just in time! Help me get the plates on the table!" Mum called from inside the kitchen.

I painted a smile on my face and tried to hide that I was heartbroken. My mind continued to wander as I placed the plates on the table. What was Dylan doing there? Why was he talking to her? The sound of Y/n's cries fill my head, and I became paralyzed. I couldn't get my feet or hands to move an inch. A loud clattering sound snapped me out of the thoughts.

"Oh my god, are you okay?" Mum asked, bending down to pick up the mess. When I looked down, I saw that I had dropped one of the plates. "Mum, I'm so sorry. It's just a lot has happened today, and I got lost in my thoughts," I explained, helping her pick up the mess. "It's okay. It was just an accident. Besides, we've got plenty in the cupboards," Mum reassured. I grabbed the broom and dustpan from the nearby supply closet and swept up the mess before one of us got hurt.

When I went upstairs to my room, I couldn't do anything but lay down and stare at the other side of the room, remembering the horrible things I said to Y/n. Guilt began to fill my body, taking over every part of it. And out of the corner of my eye, a single tear dripped down onto the sheets. Maybe I overreacted. Maybe I should've asked her what was going on. But that doesn't explain the fact that Dylan kissed her. Was she using me all this time?

Knowing Y/n, I knew that she couldn't possibly have used me. It just wasn't like her. My phone sat on the dresser drawer, daring me to pick it up and text Y/n. But the heavy stones tied to my feet were keeping me on the bed, and all I could do was hope that Y/n was okay.

*******

Y/n's P.O.V.

I ran the rest of the way to the house after I recovered from my nausea. When I finally got inside, I felt the urge to throw up again. "Hey Y/n, how was school?' Mum called from the kitchen. I stopped in the middle of the staircase and tried my best to sound cheerful. "It was good, I have some last-minute homework that I need to get done, so I'll be busy for a while," I answered. "Alright! have fun!" she called back. I ran upstairs and threw my backpack onto the bed as I ran into my bathroom and emptied the contents of my stomach into the toilet.

It went on for a few more minutes, and by the time I had recovered, I felt like a wrung-out dishrag. I flushed the toilet and pressed my back against the bathtub, trying to hold back the knot that was forming in my throat. "Y/n? You okay in there?" B/n asked, gently knocking on the door. "Y-Yeah, I'm fine. Just a little sick," I answered. The door opened, and B/n sat on his knees in front of me. "You need something to drink?" he asked. I nodded slowly, and he came back into the bathroom with a glass of ice water.

"You look a little pale," he said after I gulped down the cold liquid. "I'm stressed out about this play. And about Dylan," I half-lied. I was worried about Dylan, especially after what happened in the dressing room, but all I could think about in that moment was Louis. And how his words repeated themselves in my head. I don't ever want to see you again! The knot unraveled itself, and I found myself crying into B/n's chest. "What's going on? You can tell me anything," he whispered.

I went on to explain to him what happened with Dylan. But I left out the part about Louis and him hearing me say that I could never love him. "I feel guilty about rejecting him, he's my best friend, and I don't want that to be over!" I sobbed. "It's okay, he may be a little heartbroken right now, but eventually, he'll come to accept it and hopefully continue being a friend," B/n said comfortingly. "Thank you, B/n. Your the best brother I could ever ask for," I smiled.

He walked out of the bathroom, and I worked on my homework with the tv playing in the background. I kept glancing outside my window towards' Louis's house. I felt an ache in my heart for him. I truly loved him, and I had screwed everything up.