Chapter Eight

Louis' P.O.V.

After dinner, I was sitting on my bed just staring up at the ceiling waiting for my parents to go to bed so I could sneak out and see Y/n. I could just picture us walking around town, talking about our lives before this feud, and talking about our interests to see if we shared any similarities, besides wanting this feud to be over.

It seemed like time was going by so slow when I was looking up at the ceiling so I decided to get on my phone and watch some YouTube as a time killer. I watched a few horror videos to keep me awake, but I made sure they weren't so scary that I would not want to leave my house. 

After watching a few long videos I checked the time and I saw that it was already 10:30 at night. I had already finished my homework and I knew that my parents and siblings would be starting to get ready for bed. If I was going to successfully sneak out, I had to not appear suspicious, I changed into a pair of black sweatpants and a gray t-shirt and I headed downstairs and joined my parents on the couch and we watched Family. And like usual, my father was blurting out all the answers to the questions with mum helped him out.

"Louis, are you okay?" Mum asked after she noticed that I was burying my face into one of  the couch pillows. I was trying to look like I was tired, when really I wasn't. "Yeah, I'm fine, I'm just tired, that's all," I answered with a hint of tiredness in my voice. "Okay, well you can go to bed if you want to," Mum said as she buried her head deeper into my dad's chest. I kissed them goodnight, and I went upstairs to "get ready for bed,"

When I was in the bathroom, Lara came in and reached into one of the drawers and pulled out her hairbrush and started brushing her hair getting loose strands of her hair all over me. "Lara, could you please back up? Your getting your hair all over me," I sighed wiping off her pieces of hair. "Sorry, but you know damn well there's only one bathroom upstairs, it's either that or having to wait an hour for Milo to get out of the bathroom," She sighed.

Milo had a habit of staying in the bathroom for an hour, but he wouldn't be using the bathroom, He would be looking at himself in the mirror and talking about how good he looked. One time, I caught him in the bathroom flirting with himself in the mirror. He was imagining there was a girl in the mirror and he was kissing the mirror. When I look back at it now, it brings a smile to my face every time.

He would also tease me and Lara because we never had our first kiss before. I was hoping that if I successfully snuck out to hang out with Y/n and we got to know each other well, maybe I could have my first kiss with her. When I finished brushing my teeth, I shut the door and changed into some dark clothes so I wouldn't be visible at night. and I got under the covers and set a vibrating alarm to go off in case I dozed off for a while. I turned off the lamp that was resting on my nightstand, and I got on my phone and continued watching YouTube keeping an earbud out in case I heard footsteps approaching my door.

For a little over an hour, I kept watching videos until I heard the tv downstairs shut off and I heard my family's doors close meaning that they were going to bed. I tiptoed over my dresser and quickly combed my hair and opened the window enough so I could sneak out. Is this really a good idea? The consequences will be severe if I'm caught. I looked back over at the door, and I took a deep breath, silently confirming that I was going to do this.

I looked at the roof. Slightly angled, my room was possibly five feet from the ground. Just jumping off of the room was dangerous enough, but if I slid down the gutter, I would be fine, and not be seriously injured. I quietly walked across the roof, over to the nearest gutter. I looked back at my room one last time before I carefully slid down the gutter.

I laid on the ground with a small thud. I was worried that sound was going to wake up my parents, but when I looked at the house to see if there were any lights that turned on, nothing. I ran to the end of the street so I could meet up with Y/n. I checked my phone, 11:55 pm. She should be on her way soon. I reassured myself. I sat up against the stop sign, and I waited for her.