Chapter Two

Louis' P.O.V.

"Louis, wake up! It's time for school!" Lara shouted into my ear. I jumped out of bed and let out a small yell. "Lara, how many times do I have to tell you, quit yelling in my ear? Your gonna make me go deaf!" I sighed. This was a frequent habit that Lara had. I used to do that to Milo to wake him up, but now my little sister was doing it too. I guess it just runs in the family. "Mom's making pancakes, your favorite!" she smiled as she walked out of my bedroom.

I didn't want to get up for school, but how could I say no to pancakes? I picked out an outfit, and I ran down the stairs like a child on Christmas Day. "Finally, your here seventy-two years later," Milo sighed. I sighed at his SpongeBob reference, Milo said a SpongeBob joke whenever the time was right. It was annoying, but it was still funny.

I sat down at the table and my mom placed a tray of blueberry pancakes topped with whipped cream on the table. "Thanks, Mum," I smiled. My father was looking at his phone no doubt scrolling through the news, because that was part of his daily routine before he went to work. I heard someone's camera go off and I looked over and saw that it was Lara taking a photo of her pancakes.

"Seriously? Your taking a photo of your pancakes?" I asked. Lara had spent the summer taking pictures of all the food she ate, it's like she was keeping an entire summer collection of all the food she ate. "It's for my followers Louis, and besides these pancakes look delicious!" she answered doing a chef's kiss.

Mum finally sat down at the table, and we all started to eat our breakfast. "So, are any of you going to do any clubs this year?" Mum asked after a few moments of silence. "I'm thinking about signing up for the cosplay club this year," Lara answered. "I'm thinking about signing up for band," Milo answered.

I hadn't thought about that much over the summer, but since I took a break from acting, I decided to get back into it this year, and maybe try to audition for the fall play. "What about Louis?" Mum asked. I was brought out of my thoughts, and I took another bite of my pancakes before I answered. "I'm thinking about taking drama again, and maybe audition for the fall play,"

I was waiting for her nod of approval, but she and my father glanced over at each other. "Well, just make sure that Y/n or her brother aren't doing drama, I don't want you around those uncultured Americans," she sighed. I may have been young when this whole feud started, but I still found it quite rude that she had called Y/n's family uncultured American's, and I was going to call her out on it.

"Mum, they not have been born and raised here, but you still shouldn't call them uncultured," I said trying my best to not sound like a smart aleck. The room was filled with silence, and everyone was looking at me with wide eyes. "Louis, I'm an adult and I can say whatever I want," Mum said in a low tone. I wanted this feud to be over, and all I wanted to do was get to know Y/n better, but I couldn't do that if this feud continued.

"Mum, this feud has been going on for ten years, and this all started over a puppy!" I sighed. "That puppy was expensive and you know that!" she yelled. It was no use talking to her about it, so I back down. For the rest of the breakfast, no one had said a word. "Get your things, you don't want to be late for school," Mum said. My siblings and I grabbed our stuff and we walked out the door and got into Milo's car. I had my driver's license, but I still rode with my brother and sister.

"Oh, here comes the children of our enemy," Milo said looking through the mirror. I looked behind me and sure enough, I saw Y/n and her brother were walking across the street and making that short walk to school. "Louis, this feud will probably continue until the day Mum and Dad die, so there's no point in arguing with them about it," he sighed.

Maybe he was right, but even though my parents and siblings may not like it, I wanted to get to know Y/n a little, and maybe become a secret friend.