Chapter Nineteen

Y/n's P.O.V.

"Y/n, I love you," Dylan said, looking deep into my eyes. I was stunned. This guy had been my friend ever since I moved to the UK. I never imagined that he would have feelings for me. But at the same time, I knew that he wasn't the most open person in the world. "D-Dylan, I don't know what to say," I stuttered, trying to look away from him. His face fell a little, and he backed away from me. "Was that a little too forward?" Dylan asked, nervousness filling his voice. I nodded a little, and he was about to walk away, but before he could do that, I grabbed his hand.

"Wait. Dylan, I'm flattered that you feel this way about me, but I'm afraid that's it's not meant to be," I said calmly, trying my best not to hurt his feelings too much. "Why do you say that? Have I done something wrong?" He asked. "No, it's not that. It's just, I like someone else," I admitted. Dylan's eyes grew wide, and I hoped he wouldn't question me about it further.

"Is that boy? Has being in this play make you have feelings for him?" he asked. "No! I could never love him!" I blurted out. I didn't mean any of those words that came out of my mouth. I had a feeling that Louis was nearby and heard me say that, and I hoped that he would know that I didn't mean it. "It was a mistake to come here," Dylan sighed. "No, it wasn't. I like you, Dylan. But I can't have you as a boyfriend," I whispered, tears beginning to sting my eyes. He walked towards me with his arms open wide, almost like he was offering me a hug.

I flew into his arms and hugged him softly, hoping that this wouldn't be the last time we saw each other. "I hope we can still be friends," I muffled. When we pulled apart, Dylan, without warning, leaned in close and kissed me. I wanted to push him off, remind him I only thought of him as a friend. But I froze up, and I couldn't move an inch. "I'll see you around, Y/n," Dylan said somberly.

He didn't want to be my friend anymore. Maybe I shouldn't have been so hard on him, but what else could I have said? "Y/n, How could you?" A voice called out. I looked up to see Louis was looking at me with disbelief in his eyes. He probably heard me say that I didn't love him. "Louis, I-I didn't mean it!" I barely whispered. He just shook his head in disbelief, denying everything that I was saying. I tried to walk closer to him, but he backed away and walked out.

I swear I could feel my heart break into two. Not only had I lost my best friend, but I also lost my boyfriend. Throughout the rest of the rehearsal, I couldn't even look him in the eye. He couldn't look at me either. "Louis, let me explain!" I said, following him as we made our way back to our houses. "Why are you still talking to me if you don't love me, Y/n?" He said, stopping for a moment before continuing to walk. "I didn't mean it, Louis! Dylan asked me if-" "Oh, your trying to bring you're friend into this? Go ahead, blame it all on him, but those words came out of your mouth!"

"You weren't there! You don't know what happened! If you would just listen to me, I'll explain it!" I said. "I don't want to hear another word about it. We're done, Y/n. I don't ever want to see you again!" He shouted. I was stunned. He no longer wanted to be with me. I felt sick to my stomach, and I watched through tear-filled eyes as he walked to his house. The pressure inside me grew stronger, and I threw up into the street. "Louis, please," I whispered.