Chapter Sixteen

Y/n's P.O.V.

When we got home, B/n started running his mouth to my parents about Louis playing Romeo in the play. And as much as I wanted to defend him, I had to keep pretending that I hated him when really I loved him, more than life itself. "This is unacceptable! Mr. Robertson needs to change the role for Romeo! I will not let that disgusting boy kiss my daughter!" Father shouted. "Father, the cast list has already been sent out, Mr. Robertson won't change his mind," I explained.

Father continued to protest, and everyone in the house got into a big argument over it. "We've spent years trying to make sure that you guys don't have to encounter those kids, but now my daughter has to act like she loves him!" Mum sighed, shaking her head as she rubbed her temples. I do love him, but you don't know it yet. "Look, Y/n. You have two options," Father said, walking towards me.

"What options?" I asked, sitting down on the couch. "Either you can convince Mr. Robertson to change the Louis' role. Or, you can drop out of the play," He answered. Dropping out of the play was not an option, and I wasn't going to beg Mr. Robertson to change Louis' role just because my parents didn't like him. I looked up at the serious eyes of both of my parents and I realized I could lie to them and tell them the next day that I talked to the director. Sure, they would find out on opening night. But, it was the only way to make sure our plan was still set in stone.

"Okay, I'll talk to Mr. Robertson tomorrow and tell him about the situation," I nodded. I was dismissed from the living room, and I walked up to my room and started texting Louis and telling him about my parent's reaction to the news.

Louis: So, how did your parents react when you told them I was playing Romeo?

Y/n: They aren't too happy. They gave me a choice to talk to Mr. Robertson about getting your role changed, or I drop out of the play. I lied and told them that I will tell Mr. Robertson.

Louis: Jesus, I knew they would react this way. Your parents seem very overprotective.

Y/n: You wouldn't believe it. Father said, and I quote, "I will not let that disgusting boy kiss my daughter!" He has no right to call you that.

Louis: I'm not affected by that. Really, I'm not.

Y/n: Okay, good. Well, I should probably get some homework done, so I'll meet you at the corner later tonight?

Louis: Of course! See you soon! 💖