Chapter Nine

Y/n's P.O.V.

Sneaking out of my house wasn't easy, but eventually after a long time of waiting, I finally managed to sneak out and I was walking down the road, and I saw someone was waiting at the end of the street. I was hoping that it was Louis, otherwise I risked getting grounded over this. When I reached the end of the street, I saw Louis, back pressed against the stop sign waiting for me. "Hey, I'm here," I whispered to him. He looked up at me and he started smiling. "You look beautiful," he smiled.

I wasn't wearing anything special, I was just wearing a simple white t-shirt, and a pair of black skinny jeans. But, I wasn't going to put down his compliment. "Thank you," I smiled. "So, where do you want to go?" he asked. There wasn't a whole lot we could do at night, and going back home was not an option, but I did have one thing in mind.

"Do you want to stop at the convenient store?" I asked. He started smiling the moment I mentioned it. "Sure, I brought money with me in case you wanted to get something to eat," he smiled pulling out his wallet as proof. I offered my hand and helped him stand up and we walked across the street and walked the few blocks to the store. "How much do you have on you?" I asked out of curiosity. "Enough for us to get as much junk food as want," he chuckled. When we got inside, we immediately headed to the slushy machines and started adding as many flavors as we could. "Don't forget about pizza, you can't resist pizza," I smiled.

We kept walking around the store until our hands were full of junk food. After we paid for all the stuff, we sat down on the sidewalk and we ate our food. "My mum would kill me if she saw me eating all of this," Louis smiled as he took a bite of his pizza. "Same with my mum, she's all about me eating a healthy diet with no junk food," I nodded. I had just polished the last piece of my pizza, and I started to open the large bag of Skittles.

"So, are you from the UK?" Louis asked. "No, I was born in the US, but then my dad got a promotion out of the country, that's why we moved out here," I explained. I still remember the day that my dad told us that he got that promotion, Mum was a little disappointed that we had to leave the country. But, she understood that she had to do it in order for me and my brother to have a good life.

"Okay, I still don't understand why my parents got blamed by your parents for being responsible for a dog going missing," I said. "I don't understand it either, if you ask me, I think the dog escaped home in the middle of the night and never came back," Louis answered. I knew that usually families ended up in feuds for saying bad things about one another, or embarrassing them in public, so it was unusual about how a puppy started this feud.

"How are we going to try to convince our parents to end the feud?" I asked. "I don't know, they don't listen to me, maybe you can try to convince your parents to end the feud," Louis suggested. "My brother tells me not to talk to them about it, he tries to boss me around like he's older than me, when really he's younger," I sighed. I felt Louis wrap an arm around my back and gently squeeze me.

"It's okay, I have problems with my siblings too, my brother talks to himself in the mirror, and my sister is a complete stalker," he smiled. I started smiling, knowing that I wasn't the only one who was having sibling issues.

"What time is it?" I asked. Louis looked at his watch and I saw that his eyes grew wide. "It's 2:30," he said. I was surprised at how fast time had flew by, "We should probably head back home before our parents find out we snuck out," I said as I finished up the last few pieces of the skittles. Louis offered his hand, and I took it and we threw away our trash and started making our way back to our houses.

"I had a fun time tonight," I whispered as we got closer to our houses. "Me too," he smiled. When we approached one of the gutters of my house, we gently embraced each other, and without thinking, I planted a soft kiss on Louis' cheek. When I got back into my room, I started blushing red with embarrassment and started questioning what I just did. Did I just kiss a boy that I just met?  I kept asking myself that question as I changed back into my pajamas and crawled into bed. I tried to fall back asleep, but with all the sugar in my system, it was hard for me to wind down.

No matter how many times I kept tossing and turning, all I could think about was that kiss on the cheek. Oh my god, could I be in love with my enemy?