Chapter Seventeen

Louis' P.O.V.

The next day, I couldn't stop imagining what it would be like to be onstage with Y/n, in the role of Romeo. I had to act like I was disgusted by this. But deep inside, I felt happy that I was going to be performing with not only a nice girl but my secret girlfriend. The past few days that we had spent together were amazing, and even though we were together for not very long, I loved her. And once the feud was hopefully settled with our parents, I would finally tell Y/n I love her.

During the beginning of rehearsal, I couldn't help but glance over at her as she watched the other actors work on the first scene of the play. The brawl between the Capulets and Montagues. While I was watching the scene unfold, someone covered my eyes, and I gasped slightly, wondering who it was. "Guess who?" The voice called out. It didn't sound anything like Y/n, so I had no idea who it was until I heard that familiar giggle.

"Malina, is that you?" I answered. The hands were removed from my eyes, and when I turned around, I saw it was her. "Malina, what are you doing here?" I asked, slightly confused. I hadn't seen her at the auditions. "I'm working behind the scenes! They hired me as the costume designer! I get the chance to pick out the outfits that I think would reflect the characters! And you, need to come with me for a fitting," She answered, grabbing my hand and led me towards one of the dressing rooms.

She sat me down in a fold-up chair and searched through one of the clothing racks. "Let's see, where is it?" she muttered to herself. "You do realize that we're not rehearsing in costume today, right?" I asked. She let out a sigh and looked back at me. "Yes, but Mr. Richardson is having me give all the actors a fitting. I just finished with Tybalt's fitting. Next will be your future bride,"

My cheeks blushed slightly when she said that. The fact that Y/n and I were performing together was one thing, but pretending to get married on stage was going to feel very awkward. I couldn't tell Malina about Y/n and I being together, despite my gut really wanting me to tell her. "Aha! Here it is!" She said, pulling out an old shirt and pair of pants, along with a belt with a prop sword. "I'll leave you to change into those, and I'll be back in a few minutes," Malina said as she closed the door behind her.

I quickly changed into the outfit, not because I was eager to get the costume on. I just wanted to get it over with, so I briefly look at Y/n when she was onstage practicing her scenes. "Malina, I'm ready!" I called out. She opened the door a second later, and her hands flew to her mouth. "Is everything okay?" I asked. She nodded and looked at my outfit. "It's perfect. I knew that this outfit would be perfect for Romeo!" She smiled. She told me to change back into my old clothes and walked out of the dressing just in time to see Y/n and one of the actors getting ready to work on another scene.

"Madam, I am here. What is your will?" Y/n recited from her script. "This is the matter- Nurse, give leave awhile, we must talk in secret!" the actress for Juliet's mother recited. From the looks of her, it looked like Mrs. Rue, the chemistry teacher. I had no idea that she even liked to act. By the time that scene was over, it was about 4:30, and we all started to pack up and get ready to go home. Surprisingly, none of my siblings were with me, so I didn't have to walk home with them.

That gave me the chance to walk home with Y/n, for a while anyway. I walked out of the school, and I told her that I would be waiting just below the stone staircase waiting for her, and when the coast was clear, she jumped over the railing and landed on her feet. "You ready to go home?" I asked. She nodded, and we walked the few blocks back to our houses. It was rare that my parents would tell me to walk home, but it felt nice that I was spending time with Y/n. It felt like we hadn't hung out in forever, even though we hung out a few days ago.

When we reached our street, we said our goodbyes and gave each other a small peck before we walked on the opposite sides of the street, and up to our houses. I looked over at Y/n's house and saw her looking back at me. She gave a small wave before she went inside, and I did the same.