Chapter 12

I walk into the Eating Room and notice that everyone has changed their dresses but me. My maids had wanted me to change but I protested, arguing that this dress was too comfy to change out of. I quickly go to my seat, where I find Alexa, Rose, and James with big grins on their faces.

"What's with the big smiles?" I wonder.

"We know," Rose whispers and my eyebrows draw together in confusion. Oh, she must mean the name that Daxton and I came up with.

"Daxton told you?" I ask.

"No, we saw you two," Alexa says.

"Wait, you mean the walk in the gardens?" I ask and they nod.

"Of course! What else would we be talking about?" Rose says.

"Did you have fun?" James asks, wiggling his eyebrows up and down. I glance at the other end of the table and realize all the girls are staring.

"They're staring," I hiss, making James laugh. I remember about telling them our group name, and go to ask Daxton if I can tell them but he isn't there.

"Where's Daxton?" I ask Rose.

"Do you miss him already?" James teases and I roll my eye's, ignoring him.

"I passed him in the hall but he said he was looking for something," Rose shrugs.

"Where are your parents?" I ask her, noticing that the king and queen aren't there.

"Oh, thank you for you reminding me," she says and stands up. "The king and queen are busy right now and unfortunately won't be able to attend lunch or dinner."

"What about Daxton?" one of the girls asks.

"He seemed rather busy also but he might be here. Let me bless the food and you can eat," she says and starts to pray. Once she's finished, butlers bring out food for us.

"So what did you do?" Alexa asks.

"What?" I ask with a mouth full of fruit.

"On your date," she says a little too loud.

"You went on a date?" one of the girls, Aria, I think her name is. I blush and duck my head.

"I wouldn't call it a date. Just a walk in the gardens," I say and I see Sabrina roll her eyes.

"That's obviously a date but I bet it was just a trial run. He's saving the best for last," she says, forgetting Rose and James are still there.

I glance over at them and see that James is stifling a laugh and Rose's eye's are as big as saucers. She looks like she's about to knock some sense into Sabrina. I grab her wrist before she can and shake my head.

"Oh and look. She's threatening the princess," Sabrina continues. I quickly withdraw my hand from Rose's wrist. The look in her eye's begs me to let her do something but I shake my head. She sighs in defeat.

"Sabrina, has the prince even talked to you," I ask and she rolls her eyes.

"Of course he has. Why wouldn't he not want to talk to this?" she says, pointing to herself.

"Oh, so you guys are like really close now?" I ask, waiting for her to take the bait. She leans over Alexa, getting in my face.

"We're closer then you'll ever be," she says with a smirk.

"Okay, if you know him so well, tell me who his bestfriend is," I say and her smirk falters.

"We've only been here for two days, I don't know everything about him," she scoffs.