Chapter 29

"Miss, miss! You can't fall asleep in the tub, you'll drown,"  Cecily excliams.

        "What if I want to drown?" I moan.

        "You most certainly will not," she says.

        I feel two pairs of hands grab me and pull me up out of the tub.

        "Cold air! Cold air!" I scream and they quickly wrap a towel around my body.

        After putting me in the chair in front of my mirror, Courtney starts to dry my hair. Princess starts barking.

        "What is it?" I coe and she jumps up in my lap.

        "What time is it?" I yawn as I stroke her.

        "A little after ten," Courtney says.

        "But I left dinner at eight. That would mean I've been in the bath for two hours," I exlaim.

        "We thought you needed to relax," Josee says.

        "Thank you, ladies. You were right. And I really want to go to sleep now," I yawn again. After putting Princess in her kennel and dismissing my maids, I crawl into my princess bed and fall asleep.

************

        "It's a new day and you need to get up," Courtney says.

        "Or I can stay in bed all day," I suggest.

        "Nope," Cecily says and they yank me out of bed.

        "What was that for?" I rub my head.

        "You are due in the fitting room in thirty minutes," Josee says.

        They whisk me into the bathroom. They apply light makeup and curl my hair.

        "Do I need a dress?" I ask.

        "Yes but we'll keep it simple," Cecily says.

        The top of the dress goes down to my knees and is a salmon pink while the bottom is vertical stripes.

        "Thank you, ladies. Would one of you escort me to the fitting room because I have no idea where it is," I say.

        Courtney volunteers to take me. She leads me down various halls and twists and turns and finally we stop at a door.

        "They should be in here, miss," she says and leaves.

        I walk in and automatically want to turn around and follow Courtney back to my room. Rose, Alexa, and the queen are sitting on a couch along with Daxton, James, and Devon.

        "Yay, you're here!" Alexa says.

        "Yeah," I say.

        "Madame La Voure is in the dressing room. You and Rose will go back there and try on some of the dresses we picked out. Okay?" Alexa says.

        "Sure," I nod and she ushers Rose and I into the room which is surprisingly big. The walls are covered in dresses.

        "How many dresses are we trying on?" I wonder.

        "Most of them," Madame La Voure says.

        The first one she puts me in I refuse to go out. It's cotton candy colored, a mix of blue and pink, and has puffy sleeves.