Chapter 14

"Why was the prince in your room?" my mom demands. I inwardly groan.

"Because he's allowed to be," I retort.

"What about the princess?" she asks.

"Rose is my friend," I say and my mother gasps.

"Rose? Honey, it's Princess Rose. If you don't call her that, it'd be disrespectful," my mom chastises.

"Mom, I've known her for a week. I'm pretty sure I know what to call her," I say.

"Was the prince in here because he's your boyfriend?" Emory asks.

"The prince-Daxton-is my friend. So is Rose and James," I tell them.

"Miss," Cecily pokes her head in the door.

"Come in, girls," I tell them.

"You have maids?" Emory asks.

"Yes," I say and introduce them.

"It's a pleasure to meet you," they curtsey and turn to me.

"We need to put the finishing touches on your dress for tonight. Your shorts should be up tonight," Cecily assures me. I thank them and they grab the supplies they need and leave.

"They seem nice," my father notes.

"Yeah, they're great," I say and plop down on my bed.

"Your bed is hug!" Emory exclaims and flops down on it.

"Do you know where your room is?" I laugh.

"Yes, one of the guards showed us where to put our stuff. It's on the second floor," my mother explains

"I get my own room," Emory smiles.

"Technically it's a room in our room," my mom says and Emory rolls her eyes.

"Do we have maids?" she asks.

"Probably," I say and she squeals.

"Girls, we're going to let ya'll catch up. We're going to try and find our way back to our room," my dad says and they leave.

"So how many dates have you been on?" Emory asks.

"The second day I was here, he took me for a walk in the gardens and this morning we walked around the palace," I say.

"Two dates! In a week," she squeals.

"I wouldn't call them dates."

"Does he like you?" she asks.

"Em, he's one of my closest friends," I tell her.

"Has he gotten you anything?" she asks and I think of my journal.

"No," I lie and she shrugs.

"He's going to fall for you, Cam. You're absolutely beautiful," Emory gushes.

"Whatever," I roll my eyes.

"What's behind those doors?" she asks pointing to the doors to the bathroom.

"Why don't you go look?" I say and she runs up and throws the doors open and starts exploring my bathroom.

"This is bigger than my room at home," she says and the doors close behind her.

I laugh and am about to open them when the door to my room bust open. It's Daxton.

"I swear, if you don't start knocking...I don't know what I'll do," I say and he laughs.

"Did I do good with your parents?" he asks.

"You barely met them," I say glancing to the bathroom doors.