Chapter 28

"Camry," I hear someone say. They shake me awake.

"What?" I roll over and see Emory, my mom, and my dad.

"You're here!" I jump up and hug them all.

"Yes, for the wedding. We'll be staying for the week," my mom says.

"How have you been, princess?" my dad asks.

"Good. I have something I want to show you," I smile. After telling them to stay put, I go and get Princess.

"Is that a dog?" my mother gapes.

"Yes, her name is Princess," I say and she squirms, trying to get out of my arms.

"Where did she come from?" Emory wonders.

"Daxton gave her to me for my birthday," I explain.

"Happy late birthday," they all say at the same time.

"I'm eighteen."

"An adult," my mom says.

"My baby's an adult," my dad gapes.

"It's not that big of a deal, okay. It was a couple weeks ago," I shrug them off.

"What's wrong with your face?" my mom asks.

"I accidentally scratched it," I lie.

"It looks serious," Emory says.

"It'll probably leave a scar but it's nothing," I force a smile.

"What are you guys doing here?" I wonder.

"We're here for the wedding, honey," my mom says.

"Oh, yeah," I nod. I had forgot they were coming. That means all the other families are here, too.

"We're going back to our room. We'll see you at dinner," my mom says and they leave.

"What are you still doing here?" I tease Emory.

"I wanted to hang out with you," she says it like it's a question.

"Okay, sure," I say and we leave my room.

"What are we doing?" Emory wonders.

"Just follow me," I take her hand and pull her through the halls and up the stairs.

I used to only be allowed on the fifth floor if I wanted to see Rose. Now that I've been here longer and now that Alexa's on this floor, I can go up there whenever I want. I nod at one of the guards as we pass but he holds out a hand for me to stop.

"I'm allowed up here," I tell him.

"Yes, but is she?" he motions to Emory.

"Yes," I say. He gives me a disbelieving look. "I'll keep on eye on her."

He finally let's us pass and I go straight to Daxton's room. I go in without knocking and wish I had knocked. Inside, I find Daxton locking lips with another girl; Genesis, I think her name is. I stand there shocked. I thought he said he loved me. Why is he kissing her? Tears well up in my eye's and I blink them away. I motion for Emory to back up out of the room and accidentally slap the wall. Genesis and Daxton jump apart and turn to the door.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt anything. I'll just...go ahead...and leave," I choke out. I turn and go out into the hallway where Emory waits for me. The door slams shut behind me.

"Are you okay, Cam?" Emory asks. I swallow my feelings and I nod.

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine. Let's go to Rose's room," I force a smile and walk off, leaving her to trail behind me.