Chapter 44 - Mastermind

Kirstin's P. O. V

This was perfect.

Today's session with her guys had been incredibly explicit. They'd all been present, bodies writhing over each other like a nest of snakes. And to make things better, all my work on making Derek, her favourite and most frequent partner, crack had started paying off. Beneath his flirtatious and promiscuous persona, he was incredibly bitter and straight up despised Brittany. Once he'd seen that I wasn't exactly on her side, he became infinitely more vocal on how much he wanted to rip her heart out and why he felt that way.

Another screaming fit from Brittany brought me back to the current drama. The other members present were whispering amongst themselves, snide remarks and judgements flying through the air as the whole house seemed to focus on the meltdown. Trying not to grin at the chaos, I glanced at Kylie beside me.

She was petrified.

Poor Kylie looked more like a deer than a werewolf. Her face had gone ghost white and she was trembling so badly that I thought her legs might give out any second. I'd honestly pay good money to see the the likely pandemonium inside her head right now. Maybe I'd pry it out of her with my gift later.

I almost felt bad for her.

"We didn't sleep together! Please, Brittany, it was just a stupid mistake!" I heard Callum beg, followed by a hiss of pain, then a groan.

I turned to Kylie, suppressing my glee and plastering worry in its place, "Oh my gosh, Luna! What's going on? Luna? Are you okay?"

Finally, she dragged her eyes to me.

Too late.

Brittany was upon her, her eyes flashing furiously as she swiped Kylie across the cheek. The smell of blood suddenly filled the air and another look at them confirmed that Brittany was a little way into a half shift and had used her resulting claws to slap and effectively tear Kylie's cheek open.

Okay, maybe I felt a little bad for her. Just a smidge.

"How dare you?!" Brittany growled, pinning a sobbing Kylie in place with her glare, "I allowed your bottom feeding ass to date my brother, AND THIS IS HOW YOU REPAY ME?! BY SLEEPING WITH MY MAN?!"

Kylie's quivering lips parted, I assumed in an effort to form an excuse or apologise, but another sob escaped them instead.

Brittany was not known for her patience, "Well, you bitch?! Did you have a reason for sleeping with my fucking mate - who also happens to be your goddamn relative by the way, you disgusting, incestuous pig?"

I didn't know if I should intervene. What could I do to maximise the chaos while making sure none of the negativity was directed at me?

Putting a concerned face on, I whispered under my breath, quiet enough for only the two of them to hear at their proximity, "I can't believe the Luna would do this to you, Brittany..." I paused, making sure they were listening, "But fighting another she-wolf over a man...? That's so not a power move in this decade, even if he's yours... I just think you're worth so much more."

That did the trick. Even though Brittany was still radiating wrath, she took a breath and exhaled.

"You're not even worth the energy, traitor." She sneered, then turned on her heel and strutted off.

She passed Callum at the base of the stairs. He tried to reach out and say something, but she just swatted his hand away and stalked off to her room. Briefly, he gave me a look before following her.