Chapter 61 - Time Flies

Natalia's P. O. V

I was undoubtedly busier for the rest of the school year.

Between practicing my ability, fine tuning strategy with Timothy, trying to squeeze in a pack visit on freer weekends, and maintaining my grades at Killdrain and the Syren school, I had less time to just stop and think.

Even though spring break was supposed to be relaxing, I somehow managed to cram four pack visits into the measly nine free days we had. The effects of my overplanning showed in the final visit, when most of us were too tired to put our best foot forward, so the pack rejected our proposition.

Birthdays and meetings and tests and mid-terms passed quickly, and it was already the end of March before I knew it.

I sat across from Kirstin again, my arm draped over the armrest of my chair. We'd already given each other updates on both our ends, and were at the part of the meeting where we tried to compromise on her mate's fate.

As she shifted in her seat and fidgeted with the paper in her hands, it felt like I was looking down at her again.

After the long silence, it was clear that I wasn't going to start the topic, so she began.

"I thought about what you told me to." She began

I raised a brow and she continued.

"His ego and pride are bigger than the moon. I was thinking that we could humiliate him on such a grand scale that it bursts his inflated ego."

"How?"

"We could promise Kylie mercy in exchange for spilling his embarrassing moments and expose them. We won't actually show her mercy though."

I rested my face on my knuckles, "You want us to embarrass him as a punishment?"

She might as well have suggested we pull his pants down in front of everyone or something equally as juvenile, "Is that all?"

The apprehension on her face sank into dread, and her hands fidgeted more, "N-no. I know you hate Alpha Clark Lightwood too, so I thought of the option of forcing Harry to be the one to maim his father."

The thought of anyone else honing in on my kill nearly made me snarl. It would be a nice touch, to have what Clark thought would be the carrier of his legacy be the one to torture him, but any poetic justice I was looking for didn't extend to him.

I wanted to hear his screams of pain and know that I was the cause.

I shook my head, "Clark is mine. Something else."

"We can make him hurt Kylie." She sounded a bit more cheerful giving that suggestion.

I chuckled, "It's not bad, but that's more of a punishment for Kylie than him."

She went quiet, her eyes moving back and forth as she searched for more ways to harm someone she cared about. After a few seconds of drawing a blank, I made my suggestion.

"Cut off his tail and one of his balls."

The blood drained from her face.

Slowly, she dragged her eyes to me and gaped at me with horror, a single word clawing its way out, "What...?"

I rested my cheek back on my knuckles, "It makes sense, doesn't it? He sleeps with anything with a skirt on. A dog like that would've been neutered, so why not him?"

She blinked at me and I shrugged, "It's just one ball, he'll still be able to use the other with you if you still want him somewhere down the line. And it'll be a good way to keep him in line."