Chapter 2 - Over the Edge

Callum's P. O. V

After our birthdays' eve celebration, we drove back to the pack house. When we entered, we saw the omega at the base of the stairs. I'd always found her attractive but I daren't show it- especially around my friends. Once she saw us, she immediately turned to go back upstairs but Kylie stopped her.

"Omega, you're here, how convenient. I was just telling my boyfriend how you would love to serve us at his birthday party, seeing as you put so much effort into the decorations." She batted her useless fake eyelashes.

Harry intervened for Kylie. "You will serve at our party."

He'd used his Alpha voice- I'd felt it- but it didn't seem like it had any effect.

She stared at him impassively.

I watched the exchange.

He stalked closer to her, "Are you deaf? I said you will serve at our party." She backed up and nodded her head.

"What was that mutt? Cat caught your tongue?"

Harry punched her in the gut.

She lunged for him but Gerald- the soon-to-be Delta, and I held her back. I couldn't help but notice how nice it felt to touch her, even if it wasn't skin to skin.

Brittany pulled her hand back and slapped the omega. She strained against us and I had to admit that she was strong- I was having a hard time holding her back- and I saw Gerald's struggle- but I would never admit it. Kylie let go of Harry's arm and joined in.

We all took turns holding her back so that everyone could have a go at her. When it was my turn, I hesitated but quickly recovered and hoped that no one had noticed. The punch I gave her wasn't my hardest.

Throughout the beating, she never once shed a tear, cried out or lost consciousness but only gritted her teeth or grunted when a hit went her way.

When we lost interest in her, we let her go and she collapsed to the floor.

We walked out laughing and left her there at the base of the stairs in a fetal position.

We all lounged around in the living room. I made out with my girlfriend, Brittany, until Harry interrupted by calling me to the hallway where we'd beat the omega only she was gone. Harry was as surprised as I was. We didn't expect her to pick herself up so soon. We went down the hall and to Harry's soon to be office.

Once inside, he locked the door and turned to me. He looked serious.

"Cal, I'm gonna be Alpha soon. I need to trust you if you're gonna be my Beta."

"Hey, what are you talking about, man? I'll always be here for you- I always have."

"Don't play dumb. I noticed how you acted around the omega. She has no respect and we beat her to remind her of her place. Never act like that again or I'll replace you. There are many members eager to do it." I knew he was ticked at the fact that she hadn't submitted when he used his Alpha voice.

I nodded. "You can trust me Alpha Lightwood". He nodded and unlocked the door then walked out, not before giving me a sceptical glance.

**********

An hour later, the party was in full swing and we were having the time of our lives. I was getting cosy with Brittany's lips until it was time to cut our cakes. I stood behind my cake with my best friend, close friend and girlfriend. I looked down at our cakes.

The omega had made them. She'd decorated and prepared the food and cleaned up while we were having a good time at out pre-party party. She did it for us year after year since I turned 13.