Chapter 4

"Yo Derek, did you buy doughnuts?" Scott asked as he jumped off the couch running over to Derek

"No" Derek started simply, He had totally forgotten.

"Awww" Liam moaned with a pout.

"Sorry liam, I bought all the other requests though" Derek chuckled, hoping to lift the teen's spirits

"You better im starving!" Issac exclaimed as he ran and snatched the bags from Dereks hand

Derek lightly chuckled before taking back on of the bags, Isaac gave him a questionable look before shrugging it off going back to the food. Soon enough Derek noticed Stiles wasn't with the rest of the pack worry quickly felling over him.

"Where is Stiles," He asked to no one directly

"He's upstairs? How did you not hear him?" Boyd countered with a chuckle

"Oh...yeah" Derek moved towards the stairs towards the teen's scent

Upstairs was quiet, too quiet. Well at least to quiet for only Stiles to be upstairs, he's always bouncing off the flipping walls. Walking over to his room Derek knocked on the Door lightly and waited, no answer.

"Stiles? You ok?" No answer "Stiles?" Still no answer.
Fuck it! Derek thought before walking into the room, his face the usual scowl which quickly changed at the sight in front of him.

Stiles was lying on the bed curled in on himself in a little ball, snoring softly. He looked so cute like that, so tiny and vulnerable. That's exactly why Derek took it upon himself to protect Stiles every chance he got. No other reason...

Realising that the sleeping boy can't have what Derek got him yet he went to turn and leave but a small voice muffled by a yawn stopped him in his tracks. He looked back to see Stiles still curled up but looking directly at him with tired eyes.

"Derek?" The boy asked

Derek shifted on his feet to face him properly "yeah?"

"Why are you in here?" Stiles asked the confusion evidently

"I wanted to give you these but you were sleeping" Derek wandered truthfully, scratching the back of his neck awkwardly

"What did you want to give me?" The boy asked sitting up, the curiosity in his eyes causing Derek to fight back a goofy smile

"Uhh, curly fries. It's a way of saying sorry for earlier" Derek whispered out, he hated the smell of sadness on Stiles. Or any of his pack, but to be the cause of it made him feel shit inside. Though he would rather die than admit that to anyone.

Stiles smiled and made grabby hands towards the bag as Derek walked over. Handing it over Stiles franticly took out the curly fries and stuffed his face with at least seven of them. A few hanging out his mouth while he gave a appreciative moan sending shivers up Derek's spine.

"So do you forgive me?" Derek asked sheepishly

"Apology accepted sourwolf" Stiles chuckled. Derek sighed at the name but didn't have the energy to tell him.

Smiling slightly h left the room only for the teen to follow after him down the stairs.

Apology Accepted