Chapter 22

Fireflies... Lots of them, tiny, fragile and beautiful. Peaceful.

Hundreds of them, little wings, little lights flying around the darkened sky, A trace of light yellow amongst the star's twinkle.

It was beautiful, just like last time and the night before and the night before that. This part of the forest was hidden for the better, the unseen thing has always been the most beautiful. And these fireflies hit the 10 most beautiful list.

"Hey! There you are" a voice called

A sweet but mature voice, why was it looking for him?.

"Hey it's getting dark, why don't you come in" the voice called.

Following it, it was calming and soft, had to... it felt similar in a way, A way he haven't heard in a while.

Mom...

Everything around started to get a little clearer again... He was at the house. It was...well it was what it was "now". It still had life and comfort to it, the walls stood tall without a single speck of ash to cover it. 

He was Dreaming, wasn't he?

Why does this hurt?

Why can't this be real?

Why was he such a fuck up?

"Derek, honey" his mother's voice called out

"Yes, where are you?" He couldn't see her, only hear. His legs started moving towards her voice before he could think,  finding her wasn't a second though.

He wasn't as fast as he usually was and couldn't shift either.
He was running the best he could but something wasn't the same...

What kind if Dream was this?

"Derek stop running" he froze

"Mom? Is... Is that really you?" Feeling his eyes well up

"Yes Derek it's me. I don't have a lot of time!"

Time?

"Time? What do you mean?" This didn't make sense? No it was his brain messing with him, making him more weak and vulnerable till he losses it. This was actually happening, he was probably unconscious somewhere.

"Derek I need you to listen to me carefully ok" His mothers voice rang through his ears

"Ok"

"Stay awake!"

"What?"

"Stay awake!"

"What the hell does that mean?" This was getting annoying, thanks for the cryptic message. Stay awake... Really... What does that even mean?

"Remember this Derek, your loved and will always be. But you must Stay aw-"

Silence...

Complete silence...

Stay awake?

Why?

_______________________________

Ok my lil Halo's.

This is chapter 22 a lil short I know but I have a lot more to write so don't worry.

Sorry for the long wait guys

Hope you enjoyed 😌