Chapter 20

Hey Lil Halo's, as promised here is your chapter 20 😁

Please forgive my spelling mistakes

Hope you enjoy

______________________________

Derek's pov:

"Yeah, yeah, yeah laugh it up" I deadpan need at the two of them. "Your not the one having to deal with the packs nonsense" Still they continue to laugh. Aaron and Stiles seemed close, well of what I could see. It's nice having Aaron feel welcome in the pack... Just not to close to Stiles.

Normally it wouldn't be a problem with the rest of the pack because I know that there only friends but with Aaron, he gets a little... To close for my liking. Of course, I don't ever say anything about it and I don't show it either, I've known for to long showing feelings shows your weakness.

Isaac had healed after 20 minutes and continued his training with Jackson. After gathering them all round I roared and all of the beta's instantly shifted by the loud sound. An alpha's roar could get a beta to shift against will, and that's what im teaching them.

To not shift.

"Shift back" I commanded, they did as they were told and shifted back. "I want you to fight against the urge to shift when I roar when I make you shift against you will" I roared and they struggled against it but shifted. "Shift back," I told them. I wasn't going to stop until they did it.

"I'm going to put you in partners. You will spare with them like normal, except I will randomly cut in and roar. Your job is to not shift. Do I make myself clear" I asked. They all answered with a yes or yep "start!" I yelled

With Stiles, Alisson and Lydia not being werewolves I had Lydia and Alisson together. I told Alisson to shot at Lydia or try land a hit on her while she uses her scream to defend herself. Stiles was sparing against me with his bat. He was surprisingly good with his bat, easy swing yet powerful blow. 

Stiles swings the bat at my head and I duck under merely missing it. "Gotta be quicker Derek" Stiles teased. I growled at him and lunged for the bat which he countered and hit me on my back. I roared, looking up at the others, they had shifted.

"Shift back," I told them. Everyone got back on track and continued. Jackson was sparing against Boyd, Isaac with liam, Malia with Scott and Erica with Aaron. I knew once everyone had put there head down they were good fighters, just lazy.

Stiles came up behind me, read to hit me across the head with his bat but I quickly turned and tipped him over. He yelps as he fell and I held back a laugh. He glared at me and I smirked at him "gotta be faster Stiles" I mocked. I went to help him up and outstretched my hand expecting him to take it but he grabbed his bat and walked it onto my leg. That I didn't expect.

I heard a slight crack and I dropped to my other knee with a pathetic whimper. Fuck he broke it. I landed just in front of him and he smirked at me, pulling me towards him by the collar of my shirt till we were way to close for comfort. He chuckled and I could feel his warm breath fan my face. "Payback sourwolf," He said in a low voice. Danm that was... Shut up, Derek.

I let my eyes glow there crimson red and he begins to look worried, I roar causing him to stagger backwards away from me. I look over to my beta's and see they haven't shifted. I roar again, no shift. I felt a smile crawl it's way to my lips and I let it. It's small but it's something, something km not used to and I quickly pull it away as quickly as it came. I look back at Stiles to see him pouting at me and smirk at him. "Jerk," stiles said.  I put my hand in my chest in mock hurt.

"Me... A jerk?" I say in my most fake hurt voice I could muster. He growled deep in his throat and I looked away from him. Growling shouldn't sound hot, it's meant to be scary. I growl back just to shut him up which he does and I get up.

After a few more minutes I end training and everyone goes inside. The pack insisted on staying the night since they had finished and they don't have school and I agree. Stiles made his way into the kitchen and I might as well make him the pack chef after all the times he's cooked for us.

Stiles told us he was going to make lasagna, and everyone agreed Aaron had to try it. After that everyone decided they wanted to watch a movie, they also decide that Aaron had to lick the movie as he was the new guy. Everyone took their seats on the couches or the floor.

Aaron picked the movie insidious, which didn't bother me what so ever. Surprisingly enough Jackson doesn't look ok with the idea of that movie but stayed quiet about it. Right now I watched Jackson amused as he played big boy and sat through the movie pretending to be tough next to Lydia, but I knew he scared. Isaac on the other hand doesn't even pretend to be brave, he just gripped onto a pillow and hid his face as he leaned up against my leg whenever a 'scary' part played.

Within 30 minutes of the movie, those who hadn't looked away or screamed or just, in general, jumped was me, Erica, Boyd, and Lydia. Funny enough Aaron was scared shitless half the time and moved as far back from the tv as possible. I sat amused by my pack as they clung to each over. Soon enough Boyd was out like a light and Stiles had curled his legs up to his chest next to me. Hesitantly I rubbed circles onto Stiles back in an attempt to comfort him, which to my surprise worked as he leaned back slightly into the touch. He uncurled and looked at me then to my lap and I stiffened slightly but nodded my head.

He had laid his head down on my lap and sprawled his legs over Liam and Malia who sat next to him. I had to resist the urge to brush my hand through the teen's messy brown hair as he laid there comfortably. 

Another 10 minutes had passed before Stiles phone rang in his pocket. He got up from my lap and took it out looking down at what I could presume was the caller ID. He put the phone to his ear and started speaking. I didn't want to eavesdrop on anything so I zoned out but sadly I couldn't.  "Hey, dad what up, could t this wait?" Stiles asked I heard his dad sigh on the other end.

"I'm sorry son but no this couldn't wait" I heard the sheriff said on a serious voice and I suddenly got the strong scent of anxiety hit my noise.

"What's wrong?" Stiles asked worriedly

"There was a murder stiles" the sheriff said and I concentrated fully on their conversation

"Wait what happened," Stiles asked and everyone seemed to pick up on Stiles worriedness and looked at him.

"you no Kevin from the front office," the sheriff said

"Yes, what about him?" Stiles asked

"He's dead Stiles...and his spine is gone"