Chapter 12

Morning sunlight shined brightly through the slightly opened curtains, flashing a ray down into Isaac's sleepless face, The teen growled lightly and turned away from it.

He had stayed in a spare room while Stiles and Scott slept in his, it's not that he was uncomfortable sleeping in the same room as them, it's the fact that he knew he wouldn't sleep at all.

Most nights it's like this, sleepless torment of all the abusive things his father inflicted on him countless of times. Even the night he spent at Scott's house he couldn't sleep properly, every time he closed his eyes he woke up inside that fucking freezer. Constant scratching and screaming for his father to let him out, begging and pleading yet he always heard his father leave the room, leaving him alone.

Yet his sleepless nights seemed to lessen over time, the longer he stayed at the loft. It used to be every night when he was there too, always in the same way. Trying to sleep, wake up in the freezer then scream himself awake.

He didn't know why or what caused him to do it but he ended up telling Derek everything, that day was the first time Derek had ever hugged him, comfort him. It had obviously surprised Isaac at first, Derek wasn't the type to show comfort people. Yet he did, he did it when he needed it most.

He remembers crying into Derek's shoulder until he fell asleep and woke up the next day tucked in his bed. Ever since then Derek had always checked on him at night, somedays Isaac had pretended to be asleep to see what Derek would do and others he would stay awake and talk to him for a few minutes before he woke up again then next day.

Isaac knew he will never forget the one night he pretended to be asleep, Derek had walked in the room silently and sat at the end of his bed. He was going to to get up but quickly changed his mind when Derek had started talking.

~~~

Isaac's memory:

"Isaac I need you to know, you are and always will be a strong person, one of the strongest I have ever meet. You've been through so much yet you continue to move on, yes I know it can be scary having all those thoughts in your head every night but if it didn't happen you wouldn't be the amazing person you are today. Your strong and brave and a crucial member of this pack no matter what happens" Derek whispered quietly

Derek's drew closer and bent down towards the top of Isaac's head before laying a gentle kiss to his forehead. He turned on his heel and left the room leaving a shocked and teary-eyed Isaac.

End of memory

~~~

Isaac's eyes welled up with tears at the memory, those words meant so much to him, they still do. Every time he's down he would think of those words and would instantly cheer up, he had Derek to thank for that. No one had ever spoken to him like that before so when Derek did it before him, not in a bad way but the best of ways.

It was when Isaac started seeing Derek differently, not just as an Alpha but as something else, at the time he couldn't tell what but he soon figured it out. It was the first time he started seeing Derek as a father figure. The first father figure he could trust to not hurt him, it was great.

Suddenly a loud knock on the door distracted Isaac from his thoughts. There at the door stood Scott and Stiles looking in on him, fully dressed and ready.

"Why are you still in bed bro, we have 30 minutes before school" Stiles land up against the inner wall of the room.

"Ugh" Isaac groaned, he was not in the mood for school

Scott chuckled loudly taking the two teens of guard, causing Isaac to jump slightly. Scott noticed and laughed harder in reaction to his own mess up.

"Shut up Scott!" Isaac snapped

Scott calmed down still quietly snickering but calmed down enough to please Isaac. "I'm sorry Isaac" he apologised

"Mhm now hurry up" Stiles rushed before pushing past Scott out the room.

Scott shrugged but chased after his best friend leaving Isaac alone to get dressed for the day.

_______________________________

Chapter 12 is complete

Hope you enjoyed

754 words

Don't forget to vote and comment 😁