Chapter 18

Derek's pov:

Books, books and more books. I scrolled through the lot of them, the one's on my shelf that is. And the ones that stay hidden from the pack. I want, I needed answers. None of these, not one of these help me. Nothing, absolutely nothing has anything on this.

I throw my head back and growl, why can't I find anything. I breathe heavily, my chest rising and falling rapidly. Calm down Derek, calm down. I took deep breaths, slowing my breathing down to a comfortable pace. The last thing I need is to wig out because of my temper.

10:50 AM, everyone was either at school or god knows where. I had time to be alone... I got to go to the store as well, might as well get that out the way.

Wait, when did the room get smaller... Why is it so hot in here? Jesus...

I felt my self get woozy, I stumbled for a bit before falling back a bit, landing on my bed. Sighing I stared up at the ceiling... Bad idea, I got dizzy, great.

God, it's hot in here! I wiped at my head, expecting to feel sweat darting across my forehead but no. Nothing. I stand up and walk over to the mirror shocked to look at the man before me.

My shirt was covered in sweat, except I realised it was a cold sweat. My body shart to shake as I feel myself get cold.

Werewolves don't feel the cold.

Am I sick?

Werewolves don't get sick.

Do they?

I quickly pull the shirt from my body, throwing it to the ground. I walking into my wardrobe and pull out a fresh grey one. Pulling it over my head it on, it doesn't fit as tightly as the other, which im glad for really.

I go to walk out of the room but catch my reflection in the mirror again. My shirt is drenched again. Long streaks of sweat causing a darker grey colour to my shirt. What the hell.

"Nephew" someone yelled...

Peter!

Within the next couple second, Peter comes into the room starting at me. What does he want? "What is it, Peter?"

"Well I came to see you, why are your clothes on the floor?" He questioned. I was going to tell him how my clothes were wet but another look in the mirror had me puzzled.

My shirt was dry...

"I uh, I was looking for something," I said, it was half truthful. I was looking for something earlier. Peter nodded at me and picked the shit from the ground and passed it to me. I nodded at him and he left the room. I listened to his heartbeat as he left, he's only downstairs.

I let out a shuddered sigh and go to my bathroom to wash off my face.

I wasn't thinking straight.

I splashed the cold water on my face, loving the cold awakening it gave me. It was a refreshing feeling against me, the cold water droplets dropping down from the strains of hair they attached themselves to, the way I watched them roll down the side of my face, the way I concentrate so much on every last one of them.

Something tiny catches my attention beside me. I turned my head to find a tiny ant.

I watched as it walked itself towards my hand.

I watched it carefully, from the way it's six legs moved together to the tiny antennas on its head.

I watched it blanket as it climbed up my hand to my face, it's tiny legs tickling my skin.

I watched myself in the tiny mirror before me as I felt myself open my mouth to which the ant walked in forced itself down my throat. I felt the way it crawled down my trachea as it clung on.

I watched as more ants seemed to appear in my view and did the same. The way they all crawled down my throat and I didn't even move.

My eyes glowed to the mirror as a blackened figure stood behind me, watching me.

I stared back at it, not moving or doing anything. I felt numb. My eyes fell heavy as I watched the rise and fall of the chest of the figure. The tiny patters of the ants as they walked to my mouth. The early silence that made me want to laugh.

"NEPHEW!" Peter yelled. I snapped my head up and looked at him. We were on the coach... Well I was, he was standing up.

"What, what, huh...whats going on?" I asked. Peter shook his head and fooled his eyes.

"You zoned out Derek, might wanna not do that" Peter teasingly suggested. I growled at him, I'm not in the mood for his rubbish.

"Could you not!" Peter throw his hands up in a sign of mock surrender.

"Don't be mad nephew, I apologise" Peter smirked

Whatever... I have other things to worry about.

_______________________________

Ok chapter 18 finished.

Like always I hoped you enjoyed

Don't forget to vote and comment 😁