Chapter Eighteen

The speed at which Zento sling fired was almost at the speed of sound. The chimera saw us coming right at it, so it discharged a blast at us. I transformed Zento into a giant shield to obstruct the attack. The attack was pushing us back with ease since we did not have a ground to stand on. We were heading for the lobby ground scattered with books open.

"Everyone grab onto me!"

Poppy quickly held onto my left arms, while Rivera and Sunset held on around my upper body and lower body respectively. As we fell, I made a piece of Zento into a pole that slanted in the ground. They all looked at me with fear.

"Catch the pole!" We all managed to grab the giant pole and skidded down it to reach the ground.

All three girls breathed a sigh of relief to finally be on the ground. But that failed attempt did not falter the chimera. Instead it made it angrier. It flapped its wings to propel itself in the air. The gusts of wind produced from the chimera's wing were strong enough to make us four unable to move freely. Even the condemned that was surrounding us was not spared. The other six surely felt that, as a skill attack probably from Thyla dissipated a few meters beside us. I was contemplating whether or not Thyla wanted to kill us.

She smirked mischievously, "If that caught you that means you were not aware of your surroundings!"

I ignored the rest of her snarl remarks and observed the chimera's behaviour in the ceiling of the lobby. It was looking back at us, particularly me with those red eyes; probably trying to figure out how to catch us by surprise. After deciding its mind, the chimera came down hard on us. It made a crater the size of 2 trucks. We had to do a strategic backing away.

Why can it move up and down so much when it has so little life left? I should shut down its skills to make way for Rivera and Sunset to give it the finishing strike.

I blitz towards the chimera that was now trying to fly back into the air. I used Zento to transform into a fish hook to grab on to the skin of the chimera near the wings. It was trying to shake me off, but Zento was not budging. The chimera was off the ground and heading back into the ceiling to now try and scrub me off. I was now on the chimera's back, but time was running out for me.

"Down you go!" I reverted Zento to a pair of swords.

[Hack]

Putting all my strength into my swords, I clipped the chimera wings off and gravity was now at play. We were going down fast, so I had to stick my sword into the chimera t brace for impact. Everything in the crater's vicinity was levelled.

The chimera twisted its freaky lion head and tried using one of its skill. Only a roar just came out of its mouth. The chimera's eyes displayed fear. It could still move so it got up on its legs and started to move.

You're not going to move.

Poppy's plant life was wrapping itself around the legs of the chimera quickly. The pair of Zento swords extended into and right through the body of the chimera. Blood jutted out from the wounds. Even though the chimera was kebab'd, it could still move. Its tail transformed into a snake's rattle and came after me. I broke off a piece of Zento that turned into a dagger. I clashed with the tail that was jabbing at me like it had a mind of its own.

Incoming to the chimera and I, were Rivera and Sunset. They were now in attacking range. The chimera's neck extended pass the length of a giraffe aiming for the Ignites. Sunset and Rivera both activated [Elevate Temp] which made them each look different. Sunset was coated in her pinkish fire which I saw before, but Rivera's fire was a purplish shade. The chimera extending its neck was a bad part on the chimera.