Chapter Nineteen

"What's going on Thyla? Why is Azur being arrested?" Rivera got angry for my sake. She was about to unsheathe her sword, but was stopped by Thyla's answer, "I wouldn't do that If I were you Rivera. You don't want to go against my mom."

All of the cloaked persons were female officers probably under the direct order of the queen.

"Where's your evidence?" I looked at the woman who read the paper.

"You will hear of the crimes you were accused of against Princess Thyla once you arrive at the castle with us. You might even get to appeal the decision."

Bullshit. "I want to hear them now. And if can't hear them now, I'm not going with you guys."

Their swords inched closer to my neck. "You have no choice in this matter. But if you still wish to have your own way, you'll be treated as an enemy of Razz along with your companions.

That's how you guys play huh? Alright then. I'll beat you at your own game.

I sighed, "Alright, you win. I'll go with you."

They all eased their weapons back slightly, but they were still aimed at me. The unhooded woman took out something from her satchel which appeared to be handcuffs. She wanted to put on me, but I stopped her. "I don't know if you heard me clearly, but I said I'm going with you. I didn't say I'll accept being in cuffs."

She sighed and put back the cuffs. "And since we're at this point, let me address you on something; there will always be one of us in close proximity with you just in case you try anything funny. You'll be placed in a separate room apart from the others."

I challenged her statement, "At all times? Even when I'm in the shower?"

She glared at me and answered my trick question, "Yes. At ALL times."

I looked over at Poppy, Rivera and Sunset. "Hey Ignites."

Sunset and Rivera now focused on me. I continued, "Can you watch over Poppy for me?"

Rivera smirked, "Say the magic word."

I chuckled, "Please."

Rivera and Sunset nodded to my plead, "Okay, we will."

Poppy looked at me still worrying. I used [Xylo] to call her. "Poppy don't worry about me. I won't take long."

She worried even more, "I'm holding you on your word, okay?"

I smiled at her, "Yeah, mark my words; I'll come back in one piece. However don't tell anyone about this passive of mine."

She nodded to me with determination, "Yes, I will never let anyone know."

"Thanks Poppy. Now go get more friend time with your new friends."

I was sandwich between the 3 cloaked women, with two at the back and the unhooded one in front.

They leaded me towards a boat that was unmarked. The boat was slightly larger than the Magenta we came here on. There was even more cloaked women in sight.

"This will be your room."

I followed her into a room which only had a bed and a chair and nothing else, not even a window.

She led me to a dining room. She offered me food but I declined and took out my own food. At first they all unsheathed their weapons in record breaking time and aimed at my throat. Even the unhooded woman was aiming her weapon at me. "Adventurer Azur, If you do that again without informing us, we will be putting on the cuffs on you whether you like it or not."