Chapter Fifteen

"What can you do? Please explain, because I think you're bluffing." Rivera's changed from a poker face to a sceptical face.

I'm not too sure myself. Here's goes nothing. "I can take care of her."

Rivera laughed out sarcastically, "That's a very funny explanation!" She suddenly returned to a glare, "Cut the crap, what's your motive?"

Could I say it's because Sunset smells good? No way will she agree if I say that. "There's no motive really. I just want to stick to the agreement I made with you, remember? Poppy and I can accompany you to the lost library, but in return I will not interfere with the 'stuff'. If Sunset is with me, she can watch me and report if I get out of hand. And at the end of the day you don't have to break any rules and you'll get to keep your title as noble. Isn't it a great suggestion?"

Rivera was quiet. She was thinking about it. Finally she came to a resolution, "Okay then, I will do it your way. But I hope you do realize that you'll have to take care of her during her state of unconsciousness."

"Yes. I have already thought about it and this was the most efficient outcome."

{Speed | 50/10}

The crowd around Sunset parted for me to pick her up. She was not heavy, but not light as well. And her scent was just amazing.

I wonder if I have a scent fetish? I hope not.

Everyone was now continuing the travel on the fifth plateau path. Thyla's group was in the front, while Rivera's group covered the rear and Poppy, me and the sleeping Sunset was in the middle. The only thing I wished for was that I wouldn't be so tension filled. Since that narcissistic viewpoint of Thyla came into play, everyone was quiet, even Poppy didn't want initiate speaking.

Someone say something!

"Hey Azur, how old are you?" Rivera broke the silence by speaking to me. But why me though? She came right beside me on my left, since Poppy is on the right. Poppy was just in listening mode.

"Why do you want to know my age?"

"No reason. I just wanted to know you better, since it looks like you'll be taking care of my sister, I want to at least know if I can approve of the potential relationship that is blossoming between you two."

Relationship huh? I miss my friends and family. I don't know if I should say the same for Valentina. She didn't seem like the cheating type, but she was always the busy body mysterious type, not frequently finding time for us. The homesickness must be getting to me. "I'm 20 years old."

Rivera was shocked, "You?! You're 20? You're one year older than me that means I still have a chance then."

Chance for dating me? I'm sorry but I don't plan on sticking my thing in crazy. "You can dream on. I'm taken."

Rivera pouted, "Awe, I bet that the lucky girl is none other than Poppy. Right?"

Poppy face turned red after repeating Rivera's statement in her head.

"Who knows? It could be Sunset, Poppy, you or someone else."

Rivera's smile was very bright. It must mean this one is genuine, "If it is not me or Sunset, can we become your concubines? I don't mind being your side girl. Who knows, after you've gotten a feel of me, maybe you'll ditch your wife and marry me instead?"

Okay, I back what I said about your smile.

I noticed that Thyla and her maids were taking turns frequently glancing at us from her position. I guess they wanted to enter the conversation. I now wanted to exit it. But it's true what they proverb said: be careful of what you wish for.