Chapter Twenty

Minutes past 11pm – Azur

7 hours later, we finally reached the city of Cint. It was busier than how I left it. On the other hand, it was now night.

What's wrong with these situations? They keep starting or end in the damn night!

The carriages made its way to the castle via a secret pathway. The end of the path led us to the back of the castle.

"Well, we're now here. Miss Willow, you're going to have to leave Azur's side." Brittany stated.

Poppy sounded really sad. "Yes, I understand." She turned to me, smiling. "Well, I hope you get through this successful."

"If I'm sentenced not in my favour, I'll let myself out."

Poppy was worrying. "If you do that, you'll be recognized as an enemy of Razz."

I shuffled her head. "Just kidding. I'll figure out something."

Poppy made her way over to Rivera's gang. She turned around and gave me one last wave. They followed a cloaked woman through another entrance of the castle.

"Now then Brittany, lead the way to my room. Spending majority of the day staying stationary really tires me out."

She chuckled. "Are you that tired?"

"Not exactly. I just want to hurry up and get this out of the way. You know the say, 'the sooner, the better'. I can't be stopped in my adventuring life by some teenage brat."

She led me to a small room where there was yet again a chair and a bed. The newest addition was a small table with a book. I did not hesitate and went straight to the bed. Brittany sat on the chair.

The room was filled with silence. I looked over at Brittany focusing all her attention at reading the book.

"Hey Brittany, what's the book about?"

She broke her attention and looked at me. "A novel about two people who loves each other, whose on opposing factions."

"Oh..." Isn't that Romeo and Juliet?

A empty alleyway in Cint, minutes to 3am – Unknown

A woman cloaked in a dark red bearing the insignia of the Fyr Family takes out a prototype Magtech communication device and makes a call. "The targets have arrived a few hours ago."

"That's very good. I'll make my appearance at the ball." A masculine voice said from the other side of the call. "I want you to attend as well."

"As you wish, sir."

The call ended. The Fyr woman exited into the crowd of people who was preparing for the ball and the festival that came after Dew Month ends.

Morning/9am – Azur, 2 days until Dew Month Ends

I'm going to finish this pronto!

I woke up to Brittany retracting her hand. "Oh, you woke up. That's good. You're now summoned by the queen. You got 10 minutes to get prepared. I'll be right by the door."

In that ten minutes, I ate breakfast, washed off with the provided pan and rag with water and said a word of prayer. I walked through the door with confidence. Brittany was surely there waiting for me. "Let's go."

Brittany led me through a series of hallways, staircases and rooms to finally arrive at the same throne room from last time where the queen was sitting in her throne eyes closed. Poppy, Rivera, Sunset, Don, Lynn were seated at the viewing area. Thyla and her maids were also seated, but in a VIP area. I doubted it at first, but since I got a closer look, I spotted multiple cloaked women in the shadows of the pillars. The priest woman from last time was there standing beside the queen with what appears to be a Magtech clipboard of sorts. "Adventurer Azur, you are brought here under the accusation of assault on Princess Thyla. The evidence are as follows; 1. On the ship known as the Magenta, you activated a skill that harmed Princess Thyla and her accomplices. 2. You threatened to kill her multiple of times on the way to the library and at the library."