Chapter Eleven

Azur

Morning came. This morning was going to be the morning of my comeback, in regards to the whole expedition being ahead of us and the terrible loss I suffered at the hands of Rivera.

{7|46}

"Hey Poppy it's time to wake up."

She was truly a hard one to wake up. No nudging of her shoulder I gave her did the job. I even resorted to using my foot to nudge, but not even that worked.

Fine then, be that way.

[Space Sack]

I took out a chicken sandwich and waved it at her nose. She instantly reacted to the smell of it. I used it to get her up on her feet. She followed the scent quite well even walking out of the tent.

Now that she was out of the tent, I ate the sandwich, which awakened her," Where's Mr. Sandwich?! Huh? Why am I outside of the tent?"

She's one greedy motherlover...

"It's about time you got up from your beauty sleep, we've got to go, or else we would have to be their slaves to pay off the debt."

Poppy received what said to her clearly, so clearly in fact she was done changing into her adventurer outfit and packing up in less than ten minutes. The tent was what remained and that would take another ten minutes to disassemble. Of course, being the lazy ass, I am, I simply absorbed it into [Space Sack] by touching it. That would greatly eliminate setting up time for the tent. We were now on our way. I passed the location where Rivera and I fought each other and I got to say, it was amazing how we destroyed piece of the mountain with the brawl. The size of craters was big as tractors. We had to find a way around because the others somehow knew that I didn't pass as yet and they would not like the idea of me advancing with Poppy. The only way was some narrow path in the side of the higher mountain. It looked like it was not going to manage another person walking on it, much less two persons.

"What do we do now Azur?"

I know what we ARE going to do.

"It's quite simple you see; we are going on the blocked path."

Poppy had a 'did you hear what rubbish came from your mouth' face, "Why though? The way is blocked, so that leaves the narrow path. Plus, it wouldn't be wise to try and unblock the path. If you proceed to clear the path with skills or explosives, the possibility of the ceiling collapsing in is very high."

"I know that, so that is the reason we are not using brute force. We are simply going to walk through it. So, hold on to me and do not let go. It would be very detrimental for you if you did."

Poppy held on to my arm as tightly as she could.

[Space Sack]

It was now time for the shoe-sized cockroach to accomplish its goal in life. I released it and it looked around until its eyes stumbled on us.

Please work!

[Phase]

It was a gamble, since if the description was right, [Phase] should work in battle with an enemy. Technically, we are fighting with the roach. The roach was now running on its six legs to us at a high speed, but it just went straight through us.

"Let's go before the total damage reduction wears off."

It worked, as we entered through the crumbled stone. We rushed towards the other side unscathed but was now joined by two LVL 24 monsters. They had the appearance of humanoid bats, wings on the back and a bat face.