Chapter Fourteen

Poppy and I were now running through the Fifth Plateau pathway with no problems at the moment.

"Poppy I don't want to doubt you, but I'm starting to think that this 'lost library' does not exist."

"Well Azur, you should have more patience. This is exactly what my mom would have went through. The Lost Library is not a library that anyone and everyone can enter. I wouldn't be surprised if I could not enter."

That's very interesting. A type of test of will then?

{Opponents Detected – 6:00}

I pushed Poppy out of the way and use Zento just in time to block a fiery skill attack from none other than Rivera.

She was accompanied by Sunset, two siblings, a wild Thyla and three emotionless maids. They all looked at me very intensely. Right now, I couldn't care less, "What do you want Cat Face? If I remembered correctly, you won our previous battle, so please leave me alone."

Rivera replied very monotone, it was almost robotically demonic, "Azur, I can't allow you to reach before us. If you resist, I cannot guarantee your life."

I can't understand her thinking, "Who cares if who reaches first? I have a debt to pay off and I am going to make sure it is paid off. So I would appreciate if you would stop acting bitchy"

Poppy suddenly got her staff ready, "Azur, the people in the back are very fidgety."

Rivera busted out in laughing, a weird type of laughing, "Nice going there Poppy! Never expected you to gain so much strength in so little time. Azur, I tried to negotiate with you, but okay then, prepare for another smack down! Flame game, [Ignition]"

She triggered a series of jabs and slashes that was so fast to the normal eye, but I somehow barely avoided each one. I returned a attack, not using any skills which confused Rivera. She used her sword to hook my kusarigama. This gave me a window of opportunity to attack. I summoned a piece of Zento to turn into a ball.

[Aerodyne]

With all my might, I threw it without a second thought. The ball was heading straight to her throat, but unfortunately, earth came up and coated the exact spot before the ball hit. The impact caused lots of debris to start flying all over. Rivera smirked while holding her breath.

Tsk, she found a loophole around my [Aerodyne] suffocation effect. She held her own breath before it reached her.

My body suddenly moved on its own to avoid to avoid multiple lightning attacks by Thyla and her gang. I glanced over at Poppy, who looked like she was doing well against the boy and girl siblings. Her eyes caught my own and with that she knew that I was going to do unexpected things.

Time to end this nonsense.

I swerved around Rivera's barrage and went for the kill. I grabbed Sunset by the hand and held a piece of Zento that formed into a blade. She had the look of a skilful person was surprised that she was caught. She was on standby watching intensely. Poppy stopped what she was doing and also came to my side. She learned from her past mistake.

This made Rivera annoyed, "Tsk, I didn't expect that you could stoop so low Azur. Give me back my sister."

Sunset was calm, even if she was a hostage. "Azur, why hold me hostage? You do realize that I can escape right?" '

I looked at the fire magic coat slowly covering her body. The only part that was having difficulty forming was where I held onto her. [Aerodyne] was still in effect.

I don't want to be a creep Sunset, but you smell good. Too bad you can't hear me talking in my mind. Seriously, what perfume is she using to smell this good?