Chapter Eight

Azur

I entered the room, scanning for any oddities that might have been here while I was out. Luckily, there was none. I tried waking her up, but Poppy was dead asleep.

I'll give her later then.

I changed into something suitable to go to bed. I got the lights to turn off. The lights in this hotel was controlled by some magic crystal that contained some lightning magic. Now that the lights were off, the room was now dimly lit by the outside light. The bed was so inviting when I landed on it.

I looked the ceiling in thought.

I still can't believe that I'm in this world. A week ago, I was in my original world, doing the things adults do: go to work, eat, sleep and other things. Now that I think about it, my original world compared to this one, is modest at most. My world did not have magic, but we had technology. My world has pollution, from what I see, this world does not, yet. On a more serious topic, I should go to bed. I need to have a fresh mind for later.

<Unidentified Presence Detected>

Aw, c'mon... I just wanted to sleep finally. Why now?

I pretended to sleep, while the intruder made their way in the room. The intruder was observing Poppy, then made their way to me. Should I surprise them, or play a little longer?

Before the intruder reached within a foot of me, the door emitted a creaking sound, signalling a second person entering. The original intruder was frightened, and tried to make an escape, but was blocked by the second person. They were now fighting each other as quietly as possible. It was amusing as I watched them struggle silently. After a couple exchange of final blows, the first person escaped. I hurried and closed my eyes, before the second person came in and looked at me.

This is quite unsettling. I don't need people looking over me.

The person lowered themselves at bed level and their face covered by a mask, was now mere inches away from my face.

"I know you're not sleeping. I want to talk to you.", the voice of a female slowly whispering seductively in my ear. I slowly reopened my eyes to be greeted by a cat like mask. I whispered back at the person as quietly as possible, "Anything you want to say, say it here. I want to sleep and you performing in my room isn't helping me sleep."

"Okay fine, I wanted to come early to surprise you but as you saw, that did not go as planned."

"Who are you cat face? On second thought, I already know. I'll continue to call you cat face."

"Alright then, I came here for two reasons but it seems I can only do one, oh well here's what I want. I want you to stop attracting my cherished sister. It irritates me to see that you are all that's on her mind. She was a strong girl until you came from wherever to destroy her path with me. I want you to stop it."

She has a sister complex, "I hate to break it to you but I did not do anything. It was your sister who got love-struck from seeing me. I'm totally innocent. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to sleep for later today."

"I'm not finished talking here.", the room got very warm very fast. Poppy was shifting uncomfortably as the sudden heat got to her.

Sigh...

[Aerodyne]

The room got back its coolness and was even beyond cool. It was freezing. Cat face was strong to repel the suffocation and freeze effect, but some objects in the room were not so lucky, but nevertheless, she stood up looking at me determined, "Nice skill, but not good enough to put me down. Going back to the topic at hand, I don't want to ever see you near her again, you hear me?"