Chapter Two

The next morning when I awoke, there was a nurse talking to Papa and Eren. I guess Mikasa went home. My headache was less present and my body wasn't as achy. I looked around and saw that the many machines I was connected to were gone and so was the oxygen mask. 

"There's our boy," Papa said. 

Eren turned around and smiled. He was so beautiful and those eyes. Those damn emerald eyes. Papa came up and lightly patted my head. Eren came to hold my hand. I blushed. 

"Looks like we're going home, buckaroo," Papa said, excitedly. 

My throat still hurt pretty bad, but I could speak better than last night. 

"Can Eren come too?" What was I saying? Was I trying to tell Eren I was madly in love with him? Stupid me. 

"Of course I'm coming with you, dummy!" Eren exclaimed.  I guess he and Papa had talked ahead of time. 

A few hours later, the nurse came in and said it was time to go. I was ecstatic. The nurse helped me sit up and come to a stand. I wobbled, but I had Eren helping too. The nurse gave me clothes to change into so I could leave. I started to walk slowly, but I was moving rather quickly for being out of it for two days. Eren came with me to the bathroom in case I needed help. I was kind of embarrassed that my best friend needed to come to help me put clothing on. 

"Can you not look, please?" I asked. 

"Oh, of course. I am here only  if you need help." He smirked. 

I started to pull the gown off and saw the bruises across my body. I didn't know how bad it really was. For the amount of black and blue on my body, I was oddly not in pain. I think Eren was peaking cause he gasped. I whipped around to see him almost in tears.

"What's wrong?" I asked

"Oh my god, Armin. I am so sorry that I couldn't protect you. This is all my fault. If only I wasn't so caught up in myself." 

I knew he was hurt, but he didn't need to blame himself. 

"Eren, it's not your fault. I should've just stayed closer to you and Mikasa. Now can you please help me pull my pants on? I can't bend down." 

Eren bent down and helped me. I was so embarrassed by this. I managed to pull them above my waist and buttoned them. Eren was staring at a particularly large bruise just above the pant line. He brushed his fingers across it gently. I quickly grabbed my shirt to pull over. 

I looked at myself in the mirror and sighed. Why am I so weak? 

Eren turned me around and hugged me gently. 

"Thank God you're ok. I can't bear to live without you," Eren said as a tear rolled down his face. 

I didn't think I was going to die,  but Eren overthinks sometimes. We walked out of the bathroom. Eren discreetly wiped the tear away. That was the most intimate I've seen Eren be with me. I loved him like a brother and as a crush. This made me think he felt the same. 

Eren helped me into the car and went to his. Papa drove home as Eren followed. I think Eren may love me a little bit more than just a best friend... 

Ok, so this was a little longer than I thought. I hope you like it! :)