Chapter Thirteen

Eren ended up being able to spend the night, which was a surprise. I thought Papa would be kind of upset over the fact that we came home while he wasn't there. We had a small talk and he said to let him know next time so that he could bring more food. I was relieved because the last thing I wanted was for someone to think we were fucking with no one home. I would never want to do that. 

I looked at my phone to see a text from Eren. 

"Want to go on a road trip with me?" 

I wasn't sure where, but I responded. 

"Yeah, sure. Where would we go?" 

I waited for his response. 

"There's the canyon's that are about an hour away. I just want to get out of the city and go see some nature." 

"I would love to go. When?"

"This weekend." 

"Great." 

I put my phone away and went to ask Papa. This would be a great opportunity to have some fun and maybe work on some boundaries. Since everything was so crazy and we barely hung out outside of school, we really haven't talked about it. 

Papa said I could go with no hesitation. I wonder if this was Eren's birthday gift to me since it's coming up. I didn't care, though. I was going to spend a weekend with Eren and that's all that mattered. 

Eren and I discussed that we wanted to be lowkey for a little bit even though all our friends figured it out, but I just want him to be comfortable. While we walk to class, he'd hold my hand so I don't know how it was being discreet, but whatever. 

I was so excited about the weekend trip that I almost forgot to do my homework. I was still catching up from missing two weeks. I looked up where we were going and staying so I could plan little adventures. I found a flower field not far from the canyon and wanted to have a little picnic. I think that would be a cute date and I knew exactly what to wear. I found that we were staying in a little cabin... for couples so I can only assume that it's going to have romantic aspects. I mean, we are 17, but that's odd to check out that kind of cabin. I bet it was the cheapest or only one they had. 

Papa knocked on my door. 

"Come in." 

"Shouldn't you be doing school work?"

"Uh... yeah. I am just so excited about this weekend." 

"Well, don't be too excited because if you don't have enough work done, I can't let you go, buckaroo." 

I sighed and turned to my work. 

"Ok, Papa." 

Well, better do this so I can have fun with Eren.