Chapter Nine

TW: Mentions of bullying

Most of the day consisted of welcome backs and lots of stares. I knew it was probably because of Eren or Mika shadowing me, in case something happens. I was fine, though. I had lots of makeup work, but I didn't mind. I knew Eren would be over for help, so it made it worth the extra time. 

We were leaving when I realize I had left my history binder in the cafeteria. I told the two where I was going and ran in. I turned the corner and saw the place where I was attacked. It was blocked off with yellow tape, the bloodstains still there. I stared at it for a few seconds and I started shaking. Tears welled up in my eyes. The attack started to replay in my head, but it felt like it was right in front of me. I fell to my knees and felt a sharp pain in my ribs. I think tore a stitch, but I was motionless. I was shaking and crying, just rewatching what happened to me just two weeks ago. 

I screamed. I don't know what I said, but I screamed something and saw a figure running towards me through my tears. I kept shaking and crying, heard a voice, and then felt something warm engulf me. 

"Armin, stop. It's ok, you are safe with me. I will protect you." 

It was Eren. I calmed down some and tried to catch my breath. Eren started to rock me and rub my back. My breathing slowed and the tears slowed down. 

"It's ok, it's ok. We are here and you're safe." 

I knew it was ok. I was having a panic attack and a flashback. I heard Mikasa come up with my binder in her hand. 

"Guys, I'm sorry but we have to leave. They're kicking us out." 

"One second," I croaked. Eren looked up and motioned for Mika to go ahead. 

"I'm sorry, Eren. I was doing fine until I saw the scene." 

"No, no. It's ok. I think we all forgot. You went in alone and we let you. It was just that forgetfulness from all of us." That made me feel better. 

I got up and gathered my things. Eren grabbed my hand and started to rub the top of it with his thumb. I loved this. I didn't care that we were in school. I only cared for the fact that I am with the man I love and he is protecting me. 

We walked out still holding hands, my face was red and puffy. People saw us and pointed, but I was safe. 

"Eren?"

"Yeah?" 

"Are we a thing?" 

Eren looked down at me. 

"Yes, if that's what you want." 

Butterflies were in my stomach. 

"That's what I want." 

"Ok. Promise?" 

"Promise."