Chapter Six

I told Eren to stay out in my room until I was in the shower. I had been wearing the same clothes the nurse gave me. I forgot about the bandage, so Eren would have to come in. 

"Eren!" I called, "I need you to help me with the bandage." 

Eren came in and saw me. All the same bruises that made him so emotional a few days ago. I gestured at my side. He gently unwrapped the wound. It was black and blue, but the bleeding had stopped.

"It doesn't look bad at all," Eren said, gently caressing my hip. I started to blush. 

"Yeah, but can you leave so I can take my pants off?" 

"Oh, yeah. Sorry." He left quickly and sat on my bed. 

I turned on the water to let it warm. I was looking at my body in the mirror and saw how I was healing. I had healed quite quickly speaking I could barely move a few days ago. The air started to get warm. 

"I'm getting in Eren." 

I heard the door open and Eren came in. 

"You look like you're healing up nicely." 

"Yeah, I an just happy that I can function again." 

Eren sighed. Something was wrong, but I didn't know what. 

"What's wrong?"

"Oh, nothing"

"Eren, I'm not dumb. Something is bothering you. You can tell me anything." 

He sighed again and started to cry. I peaked my head around the curtain to see him.

"Hey, hey. Tell me when I am done. I can't console you when I'm naked." I tried to lighten the mood. Eren laughed a little. I quickly turned off the shower and pulled my towel around me. I started to dry off and pull on my boxers. It hurt but it wasn't bad. I just asked Eren to help with my pants. 

"Can you help me?"

"Sure," he said as he wiped a tear from his face. He pulled my pants over my legs and then I finished by pulling them over my butt. 

"I think I'm gonna let my wound breathe for today," I motioned to Eren.

"I agree. Now can we talk?" 

His tone has changed, so I rushed to put my shirt on and brushed my hair. I rushed out to sit next to him on my bed.

"What's up?" 

Eren turned towards me and fell into my chest and cried. He sobbed for a few minutes. I was confused but I put my arms around him and held him. He pulled away and looked at me. His eyes were red and his face was puffy. 

"I'm sorry, Armin. These last few days have had me on my toes. I've been so scared that you were going to die and scared that you'd leave me. Listen, I haven't slept or eaten much because I'm worried that something will happen to you." Eren looked over at me. I was speechless. 

"Eren, I-. Please, Eren, I will be okay."  He turned away and continued. 

"Before you woke up, I had been there every day to see you. They even kicked me out a few times. When you woke up, it was the first time I had slept in two days. When we came home, I watched you from the floor until I couldn't stay awake. Then, when you busted the stitches, I was terrified. I stayed up all night making sure you'd make it. I was scared, Armin." 

I was stunned and speechless. 

"Eren, I had no idea. But thank you. Please go home and sleep or stay here and let Mikasa watch me. I can't bear to see you like this."

"I know and that's why she's here. Not just 'cause you offered." 

"Ah ok." 

"Promise me you won't get hurt?"

"Promise."