{XII.} Snake Form.

“Go north for awhile and you'll be able to notice when the water gets colder. Turn slightly east and you'll hit land but it'll be Alaska. You gotta go around it and it'll lead right to the Artic.” Adalyn said.

“And how do we exactly find this Ninda?” Raphael asked. “She could go back and tell Queen Severina.”

“I wouldn't send you guys somewhere that wasn't safe.” she said, scoffing. “The Arctic is like a banishment place for Mermaids who went against Queen Severina order. There isn't many of them there, maybe three. You'll be bound to see one of them and ask for her.”

Vanessa looked at the water and breathed out heavily since she never been that far out. When she ever did she would go with Adalyn and last time she got last she saved a guy from a burning yacht. She wasn't sure if she could find the location since she sucks at direction but she had to see if an older Mermaid knew anything.

“Try to get back before it gets very late.” Adalyn said. “Around that area is allot of sharks and killer whales. If you do see them, don't let them see you. If if they do stay together and swim quickly. They like Mermaids.”

“I thought we were Immortal.” James spoke up who has been very quiet.

“We stop aging, not dying from natural causes. We'll heal from an injury but do you think we can't grow body parts back?” Adalyn asked, rolling her eyes. “They'll chop your head off and there! You're done and gone.”

“We should go now.” Vanessa said. She started to turn around, “It's gonna take a moment to find her.”

“Goodluck.” Jame said

*

After two hours Vanessa suggested her and Raphael take a break. They found the closest land and hide behind a very high cliff next to the ocean. They lifted themselves up onto a boulder and Vanessa laid back on her back tired from all the swimming. They've been going around and around—they were lost and what's best is they don't know where they were.

She looked at Raphael who's back she stared at. His gold tail hung over the edge and the gold scales on his sides and arms shined with the sunlight on them. They shimmered but all of theirs does. She lifted herself up and wrapped her arms around his neck from behind.

“Something on your mind?” she asked him finally.

“Just thinking.” he said, bring one of his hands up and took one of hers. “Wondering if it's enough.”

Her eyebrows furrowed together, “What do you mean?”

“Land.” he said. “I think of being out here in the water at least eighteen hours. I dream of it, Vanessa. I feel more Merman than human.”

“You have allot of reason to be there though.” she reminded him. “Family and friends.”

“But I desire to be out here.” he said as he turned his head and she placed her hand on his shoulder. “We should stay out in the water for one night.”

She brushe his dark hair back and ran her hand down his russet ran cheek, “You can if you like.”

“I'm sure if James wanted to you would.” he said. She stared at him for a moment, not sure if those words really came out his mouth or not. She didn't want to believe they did because he actually sounded cold saying it. Where was this posessivness coming from?

She pulled away from him, “Are you serious?”

He shrugged, “Wouldn't you?”

“Raphael, come on.” she scoffed. “No I wouldn't. I'm just trying to help James get through this. Unlike you, he doesn't have a choice like you had. He has abilities you don't. . .”