{XVIII.} Festival Gone Bad.

Despite being mad at Adalyn, Vanessa didn't have anything else to wear to the party other than the dress Adalyn made for her. She slipped on the dressed, quickly curled the end of her hairs using the pearl pin Raphael made for her pull the right side of her hair back a little, and slipped on some brown sandals. She didn't fuss with makeup, only throwing on some eyeliner around her eyes. She didn't wanna worry where Adalyn was since she had left the house a few hours ago and hasn't come back but Vanessa couldn't help but be worried a little now that she's all calmed down.

She was still angry at Adalyn for making Kyoko-who thought Vanessa had been okay with it-glamour her dad into making him fall in love with her. She just shouldn't have done that but Adalyn should come back now. She didn't mean to hurt her, she was just very angry. Vanessa had told her to keep her attention off her father but Adalyn just didn't listen.

She went downstairs to find her dad out on the porch with Anita. Anita looked so pretty in the lavender sundress. Vanessa realized she never seen Anita in anything but her usual jeans and black button shirt, a look that says badass detective.They were laughing about something, her dad pulling his keys out as he nervously looked down at his jeans. His smile was shy but his eyes seemed to sparkle as he looked at her.

She stepped out onto the porch, making the two adult turn their attention to her, "Hi." she said. "Wow Anita, you look stunning."

"Thank you, Vanessa. I do love that dress, so gorgeous on you." she said.

Vanessa smiled as her dad spoke, "Driving with us to the festival?" he asked.

She shook her head, "No, Raphael picking me up. I think he should be here soon." It was a lie since she and the girls were gonna walk to the festival. It wasn't fair anyways, only a fifteen minute walk. She was gonna meet Raphael and James there but her dad doesn't need to know that.

"Alright." he said. "See you there. Anita, ready?" he asked as he held his arm out.

Anita smiled as she quickly wrapped her arm around his and that's all she had to do was smile for them to be on their way. Vanessa watched her dad open the passenger side door of the car for Anita and close the door when she got in. He went over to the driver side, waving to her and she waved back before he got in. She watched as the car turned on and drive away. This was right-her father and Anita. It wasn't because Adalyn would be bad for her dad, she does believe Adalyn would make a good wife to him. It's just their both from two different worlds and Adalyn wants her mermaid life back. Vanessa knew Adalyn will choose the merfolk life over her father. Her dad doesn't need another heartbreak.

Vanessa walked back into the house, locking the door. She went to the garage in the back, going inside where the girls were watching Grease on a laptop until she opened the door. Ninda looked beautiful in the skin tight black dress with spaghetti straps and brown sandals. Hasina looked stunning in the coral tank top and black shorts. Tavia was in a navy blue sundress and Alia in a white dress. Kyoko had on a beautiful floral white romper.

Vanessa forced a smile for them, "Look how gorgeous you all look. Beautiful in and out of your tails."

"Not as beautiful as our queen."Taviasaid. She grabbedHasinaarm excitedly, "Hasina has a gift for you,she's been working on it all night just for you. Show her, Sina."

Vanessa eyebrows furrowed together in confusion as Hasina reached down under the blanket. Her eyes widen when Hasina lifted the seashell covered tiara with pearls and stones decorated around. "A queen needs a crown."Hasina said, walking over to Vanessa. Vanessa smile was real now at the kind gesture she did and the tiara was so incredibly beautiful. She placed the tiara on top of her head but it didn't rest on top, it actually went around her forehead.