{III} Good Aim.

Vanessa walked into her house from school and heard her dad talking. She was a little surprised to hear him since he should be at work, not home. She walked into the kitchen and saw her dad and Adalyn talking. Her eyes widen she looked at the island where a bunch of fruit was.

Adalyn smiled and picked up a bowl, ''Nessa, look.'' she said, walking over to Vanessa and showed her the healthy fruit cocktail in the glass bowl. ''Doesn't it just look so good. I thought about when your father took me out to the supermarket I would buy more chips but the other night was not good for my stomach. Nothing but healthy food now.'' she said.

''Oh.'' she said, looking at the bowl of mix berries, bananas, apples, and a few other stuff Vanessa wasn't sure of. ''It looks good, Adalyn.''

''Thank you.'' she said and turned back to the island.

Vanessa walked over next to her dad, ''I thought you would be at work.''

''Adalyn called me, she had a little trouble with the washer.'' he said.

''Washer?'' Vanessa questioned, looking at Adalyn and she shrugged.

''I was trying to clean and your father left an emergency number on the ice box.” she said referring to the fridge.

“Your cousin used a little to much soap, took awhile to mop up but at least the wash room spells clean now.” he said. “And when I went to get something to eat, I realized we still haven't gone shopping and I already left work. We went to the supermarket, she filled the cart up with all this.”

“Oh.” Vanessa said. “Uh, well dad I want to ask you something.”

“Shot.” he said, biting into an strawberry.

“Well, I know I’m grounded but I was hoping to go to Raphael house tonight. His mom wants me to come over for dinner and I kind of said I would.”, she said, biting her bottom lip.

“Vanessa!”, he said, not looking happy.

“Please.”, she said, pouting her bottom lip and widen her blue eyes. “I promise I wont ask you for anything else.”

He stared at her before holding his finger out, “No, no not going to work. I said you were grounded until I say so. It's not fair, but as a parent I have to.” he said, walking out of the room.

Vanessa shoulders sloped as Adalyn whispered to her, “I don't get it, you can easily make him change his mind. You wasting your gift.”

“Glamour is for luring sailors to his death.” she said.

She shrugged, “You want to see your boyfriend, right?”

Vanessa arched her eyebrow, “This coming from the girl who wanted him dead not to long ago.”

“He's a mer-folk now, it's all different.”, she said, tossing a red berries into her mouth. She groaned, “Nessa, I know you want to be normal as possible, but the fact is—your not. You're a mermaid. Still very much his daughter, but still a mermaid. I would do it if I could see my true love.”

“Don't make it sound cheesy.”, she said. “Raphael and I are not forbidden to see each other.

“Isn't grounded mean you are not aloud to do anything or see anyone?”, she asked. “Don't you miss it, Nessa? The ocean? The waves? Water flowing threw your fingers and feeling alive? I know I do.”

“Stop that.”, Vanessa said since she did miss it. She could feel the ocean calling her, wanting her to come take a swim and stay forever in the water.

“Vanessa, you should do what makes you happy.”, she said. “You can still be a good daughter, what happened the last week you should not be punished for.”