{XIII.} Lovers In The Ice Cave.

Raphael grabbed the Mermaid hands, “Can you please stop touching my face?” he asked.

The Mermaid held her long sharp pointer finger at him and his eyes widen as he stared at them, “Who are you?” she hissed. “What has Queen Severina done?”

Vanessa grabbed the Mermaid wrist, “I did this.” she said. The Mermaid looked at Vanessa as if she hadn't realized she was here and Vanessa just appeared.

“Impossible. Only Queen Severina has the ability. I've been a mermaid for the last seven hundred years. Don't talk to me as if I am stupid.” she said. Vanessa brought her hand up and a basketball size of water appeared. The Mermaid eyes widen and she quickly swimmed backwards away from them as she stared at Vanessa, “What is this?” she asked, panicking. “Why has she sent you? We don't ever leave here, we haven't done anything wrong.”

“Queen Severina didn't send us.” Vanessa said. “We're trying to find help. Is Ninda here?”

The Mermaid held her arm up and pointed out into the water, “S-she keeps in the ice caves about ten miles that way.”

“Thank you.” Vanessa said. She looked at Raphael before they went under water and swam towards the way the redhead mermaid directed them. When they reached a cave they went above water and went inside. Vanesa looked around the walls of the ice crave, the ceiling have large long point ice sickles and the light made everything a different shade of blue.

“Who are you?” a voice asked, making them jump.

They looked up and there was a hole on the cave wall. A pair of caramel color legs was hanging out and soon a face came out from the darkness. She had a heart shape face with long curly golden hair. Her skin was caramel color as well—unlike the bluish looking mermaid—and was very beautiful. All Mermaids were beautiful. The Mermaid dived into the water and quickly swam up to them. Her tail a dark burgundy color. She gave them a cold expression—mostly Raphael—and her teeth bared. They were slightly pointed like shark teeth.

“Why have you come here?” she asked. She pointed at Raphael, “You—you will bring nothing but bad distruction! Leave!”

“Ninda.” Vanessa started. “Please just let us—”

Ninda came real close to Vanessa, only half an inch away. Vanessa eyes widen as she stared into Ninda amber color eyes that blazed widely like fire. “Leave.” she said more lowly but the way she said it made chills rise in Vanessa body. Raphael took her hand under the water and gave her hand a squeeze.

Vanessa swallowed the lump in her throat, “No.” she said coldly, lifting her chin up. Adalyn had drilled in her head that Ninda was a hard head Mermaid and she had to use to strong 'queen' like tone. She can't show fear to her. “I came here for answers and I want them.”

Ninda stared at her for a moment before chuckling humorlessly, “Answers? Go ask Queen Severina.” she said before turning and swam away.

“We can't ask her.” she said. “Queen Severina and I—we're not the best of friends.”

“So she sends you both here?” she asked, snorting. “Newbies. Go ask Alia the ropes of surviving the Arctic.”

“I'm different though.” she said. “I didn't get sent here, I came myself. To look for you because I hear you're four thousand years old. I need your help, Ninda.”

Ninda turned and looked bored, “What kind of different? Explain. I have all the time in the world.”

Vanessa floated some water up and Ninda eyes widen. She turned the floating water into ice and balled her hand into a fist. The ice quickly melted and Vanessa moved her hand around in circles, making the floating water spin in circles before she lowered her hand and the water fell back into the water.