{IV} I Choose You.

Raphael spun Vanessa around and he didn't miss the big smile on her face, her soft giggling when he put his arm back around her waist, and she followed as he lead dancing.

She was getting more comforting dancing to batchata quicker than he thought. Though, turning into a mermaid has change Vanessa attitude. In a good way. She was a sweet shy girl who barley talked now, now her whole shell was breaking and she was more confident.

When the song was finish, a few of his relative clapped for Vanessa at her quick learning lesson. It was just the basic where allot of his cousins liked to show off, but it made him happy Vanessa even willing to try. It was clumsy at first, but she was getting there.

When everyone decided to eat, Raphael grew sick at the sight of the lobster tail. Vanessa patted his hand under the table and he forced her a smile. He literally had this sorrow feeling and haven't cried for anything since he was twelve and saw Titanic.

''Some new weird diet, Ralph?'' his cousin, Luc, asked as he cracked at the tail. Raphael jerked, but remained calm.

''Raphael just been weird all together.'' his dad said. ''Isn't that right, mijo?'' his dad asked. His father wasn't happy when Raphael decided to stop working at the shop. Raphael couldn't explain why in just over night he suddenly hated the sight of it other than he didn't want to be a fisherman anymore.

''Stop that, Jose.'' his mom said. ''Get over it, so Raphael doesn't want to work there anymore.''

''Well you need another job.'' his dad said.

''I'm looking.'' he said, lying. Actually, he was paying more closely to his cousin Luc who was breaking the shell and chomping on the more creature meat. A ball formed in his throat.

''You could have any job in Coasta Sirenas by just saying who your family is.'' he said and Raphael is true. His family own to fish shops, it's just the one of the boardwalk is more popular and his family is pretty well respected since Coasta Sirenas is known for a good fish population.

Though recently with some new visitors it's getting harder to get a catch. . .

*

''You shouldn't stress about it so much.'' Vanessa said. ''If you really want, you could make your father move about quitting.''

''It's the family business, Nessie, he expects me and my brothers to go to college or work at the shop. I'm not doing both. And I know I can, I just can't seem to get it right. I sing, but it barley work. I tried to get my mom to bake a cake, only got her to consider it until the spell broke.'' he said.

''It took me over a week until I could enchant the lyrics.'' she said. ''The first time I knew it would work was when you were in the shower at my house.''

''I knew that was you,'' he said and in the dark with a very dim street lamp, he saw her blush.

She pushed at his chest, ''Shut up! I had this feeling like I had to hum along.'' she said shyly as her nose scrunched.