Prologue

My history is one of legend, one that I am incredibly proud of.  My people are the dwarves of Erebor, the ones that lived a life of peace and plenty in the mountain.  I was of a royal blood line, destined to marry the prince, Thorin son of Thrain.  We dwarves like a great many things, gold, food and good ale.  Our king, Thror, was too greedy, he treasured gold among all else and he doomed us all.  One day a dragon came, for Thror had dug too deep into the mountain and collected too much treasure.  Thorin and I got our people out, but the mountain was lost, and the King was no where to be found.  We spent the next years taking work where we could and moving throughout the landscape.  We built a life for ourselves in the Blue Mountains, trading with our kin in the Iron hills and with surrounding areas.  We became merchants, but we still held on to our ways of life.  People still called me their lady and Thorin became their King, although we never lived in palaces of gold, we were a special kind of royalty.  

    One day Thorin came back from a market with great news.  He said he spoke to a wizard who held answers of his father and grandfather.  He said we were to meet him in a place called Hobbiton, a part of the Shire in a few days time.  He said we were to begin a quest.  Thorin sent word to many of his kin and closest friends giving them the news and the place to meet.  He then quickly grabbed his things and said he was travelling to the iron hills to discuss this with our kin.  He bid me farwell and said he would meet me in Hobbiton.  This is where my account of our adventure begins.  I packed my things and began the long journey to the Shire, where I would reunite with many of my kin who had spread to other lands.