Chapter 13: Out of the Frying Pan...

You smiled at the wizard as the rest of the company began fighting against the goblins with whatever weapons were left. Once you created enough separation, Gandalf started running along the wooden platforms, "this way!" he shouted.

You punched a goblin next to you and watched him go flying backwards. Thorin looked to you with a smile before gesturing for you to run after Gandalf.

Fili and Kili were right in front of you, "you okay?" they asked in unison.

You laughed, "never better, boys."

You all continued pushing on through the tunnels, being lead through the cave by Gandalf. Gandalf lead you downwards, you suspected there was an exit on the cavern floor, but it still seemed so far away and the goblin ranks were always getting closer.

Gandalf suddenly stopped as the Goblin King landed in front of him, "did you think you could escape me, in my own home?"

Gandalf said nothing, silently assessing his opponent. "Don't worry, I plan to keep the beautiful Lady of Erebor for myself," the goblin shouted, swinging a large fist at Gandalf.

Gandalf easily sidestepped him, using his magic to knock the goblin backwards before he stumbled off the edge of the platforms and fell into the darkness.

"There's too many of them," Dwalin shouted, gesturing to the hoards of goblins coming from either direction.

Everyone looked around for an escape, but thought of nothing. You stared at the wood of the platform and noticed it was tied together by ropes in large sections. "Hold on!" you shouted, slashing through the ropes.

"What are you-" Kili began but was interrupted as the platform began to fall downward, but remained in one piece.

You gripped Fili and Kili by the shoulders as they did the same. The platform rolled along the rocky edge for some time before coming to a large crash at the bottom of the cave.

"Well done, my lady," Gandalf mused, brushing the dirt from his hat.

You shrugged and helped the others to their feet. The goblins above you began shouting, probably discussing a shortcut to get to you. "We have to get out of here," Thorin said, "we're not out of this yet."

Gandalf nodded and led you on through the caves. A short ways later you ran through a narrow tunnel before emerging into the warm light on the other side of the mountain.