Chapter 6: Rivendell

The pathway went on for several miles, before it finally opened up to a staircase built into the stone. Dwalin led you all down the staircase, until he paused, the elven city of Rivendell coming into view.

Thorin looked at Gandalf angrily, "I told you I did not want to come here."

You placed a hand on his shoulder, looking in awe at the beautiful city, "Relax, Thorin, we had to go somewhere." Before he could respond, you walked up the Fili and Kili, placing a hand on each of their shoulders, "Welcome to the Valley of Ilmadris, my friends."

Fili and Kili chuckled as they looked across the kingdom, "Uncle Thorin will not be happy that Gandalf brought him here."

You nodded, "he will get over it." You continued on, Gandalf now leading you all to the gates of the city. As you stopped on the front gate, a tall Elf greeted Gandalf.

Suddenly, a wave of pain and exhaustion hit you, you held onto Fili's arm for support. "Are you alright," he asked, steadying you.

"Yes, I must just be tired..." before the words fully left your mouth, your eyes rolled back in your head and you collapsed to the stone ground. Fili caught your head and tried to lower you slowly as the rest of the company hovered over you, their faces laced with concern.

"What's wrong with her," Thorin yelled, coming to grip your hand as Fili and Kili leaned closer.

You squeezed his hand, trying to tell him you were fine, but the world went black and you couldn't see anything.

—---------------------------------------------

THORIN'S POV

He watched in horror as Lord Elrond knelt over (Y/N)'s body. Gandalf had a strong grip on Thorin's shoulder, stopping him from pushing the elve aside.

Elrond gestured to a few of his guards to come and pick up (Y/N)'s body. "No!" Thorin shouted against Gandalf's grip, "do not touch her!"

"I assure you master dwarf, we mean her no harm," Elrond said, moving aside.

Thorin finally shook free of Gandalf's grasp, "then I will carry her myself, do not touch her."

Lord Elrond looked to Gandalf in amusement, but nodded for Thorin to move forward. He knelt down gently, scoping up your body and moving to follow the elves into the great halls of Rivendell.

They led him through passageways until they stopped at a small room, drapes covering the windows, billowing lightly in the wind. If he did not hold so much hatred towards the elves, he might think it was beautiful.

He laid you down gently on the feathered bed, brushing a few strands of hair from your face. Fili and Kili slowly walked into the room as well, taking seats across from Thorin, but their eyes never left (Y/N). Thorin gripped your clammy hands tightly, bringing it up to his face.

Finally, Gandalf and Lord Elrond walked in. Elrond waited respectfully at the end of the bed for Thorin to finally look at him, "I must examine her," he said.

Thorin gripped your hand tighter, moving protectively in front of your unconscious body. Gandalf cleared his throat, "Thorin, Lord Elrond is a gifted healer."

Thorin looked at Fili and Kili who both nodded, then he stepped aside, allowing Lord Elrond to lean over the body of his Queen. Thorin did not go far, watching the elves every move with suspicion.

Elrond stopped over the cut on her arm, "where did she sustain such an injury?" he asked, carefully examining the cracked flesh and fine red lines that spread from it.

"One of the warg riders," Fili answered, "a blade I believe."

Elrond placed her arm down lightly before turning to the Dwarves, "the blade was poisoned, the toxin is now spreading through her body."

"Can you stop it?" Kili asked, his voice laced with concern and fear.

"She will die, unless elvish medicine can heal her," he stated.

Thorin did not hesitate, he put all his hatred and suspicion aside in an instant, "please just save her."