1.4

****

I laid down next to Emily on the couch with my head on her lap as rain poured outside. Sam was on the other side of her with his arm wrapped around her shoulders. The TV was on and they were currently watching something, I'm not sure what as I wasn't paying attention.

I was thinking about Jasper. I hadn't seen him since that night, but I could feel his presence, it was odd, but during this time I relished in not feeling pain anymore. Seeing him, I remembered how much I missed him, I missed his touch, which I almost got to feel, I missed his smile, his laugh, his everything.

And that night, seeing him like that, how bad he looked, it wasn't almost like looking in a mirror. Somehow he reflected how I've been feeling since he left, and I couldn't help but wonder if he felt the same way. Adrea hadn't spoken much since she came out since it took a lot out of her to take control since she was just a spirit.

I sighed as I stood up.

"I'm going to go for a run, I'll see you guys later," I told them as I stretched a bit.

"Catch up with Jacob, Jared, and Embry. They're keeping an eye on things with the tracking," he said. I nodded before heading out. 

I felt the cold drops of rain on my body as I ran through the forest before I finally growled a bit as I shifted mid-air and began following my nose to the pack. I sniffed that air a bit before I finally caught something before I quietly followed their scent. My ears perked up a bit as I caught another scent. I turned my body a bit seeing Jasper. Hair drenched, as he stared at me with wide eyes.

My ears fell to the side of my head as I stared at him and he stared back. I then felt Adrea put up a mental barrier, making me mentally thank her as I walked towards Jasper. Going behind a tree, I shift and put on some clothes I'd hidden here, before walking over to him.

As I stood in front of him, I saw his face better, how tired he looked, how his under eyes glowed a purplish-black color and those same cracks on his neck. My hands reached up to move his shirt, and take a better look at them out of worry, but I stopped myself as I noticed Jasper's hands near my face. 

Sucking in a breath, I looked at his hands, then into his eyes as tears threatened to break from my eyes, all from taking one look at him. His cold hands touched my cheeks making my breathing stop a bit before his hands traveled down to my shoulders before he sharply took in a breath. 

"You're alright, you're okay," he said to himself before he lurched himself at me, engulfing me in a hug. Sobs were choked up in his throat as he hugged me tightly.

'Audre..?' I heard Adrea say, confusion in her voice. 

My eyebrows furrowed as I choked a bit as I couldn't help wrapping my arms around him as well, that is before he released me from the hug. 

"I owe you an explanation," he said. 

****

We sat in my room, him in a chair as I sat cross-legged on my bed. 

"When I bit you, I honestly couldn't even picture coming back, because I expected you to hate me, but I was wrong. Within the first week, I felt through the bond that you didn't hate me.  I was in Ireland, but still, I could feel it, and once I did I was going to run to my family in Alaska, to tell them I couldn't participate in this because I-... it was just too much," he said, the same tears that couldn't fall welling in his eyes, as he rubbed his face, a solemn look on his face. Tears welled in my eyes as I looked at him.

"I didn't make it though because I was approached by this man. He showed me a picture of you, many, and not just you, of Bella, Charlie, of your pack, and your pack back in California," he started again.