1.0

***

The next day the Cullen's didn't come to school, which made sense, but still, I hoped that one of them would at least call or text. I'd texted Jasper this morning, no response, called, no response. 

I couldn't help the dread I felt in my stomach, which made me anxious about what was to come. 

'Let's just hope Jasper doesn't do anything stupid' Adrea said with a sigh.

'Agreed' I said.

After school was off, I went to work, and like always it was slow.

Once I get off work I get home rather quickly, going up to my room only to see a note sitting there, Jasper's scent all over it. 

Dear Audre,

My dear, I love you so much, so very much. I'm sorry to have to do this like this, but I couldn't find the strength to look at you. My family and I are leaving. Not only are people noticing that Carlisle isn't aging, but we aren't good together. 

I know you'd say something like we were made for each other or something of the spirits, but I believe the spirits were wrong. I hurt you Audre, the one person who I wasn't supposed to hurt. The only person who didn't look at me and see a demon, no matter who you were surrounded by. 

Please be happy, be happy with the pack, I can feel the love you have for them every time you speak of them, so it only makes sense that they love you just as much. Everything will be fine once you forget about me, although I admit it will hurt a lot a first, everything should be fine once we are apart for a while. That way I can ensure that I'll never hurt you again.

When I bit you, I didn't stop, I didn't want to stop, and I'll never forgive myself for what I've done to you. 

With Love,

Jasper

'No' 

I gasp suddenly as I clutch my chest as I feel the mate bond begins to stretch. My breaths become ragged as I drop my things running outside with the note in hand as I sniff it, letting the scent take me to him. 

It leads me to the Cullen house, but that is all. 

'They've scrubbed the scent' Adrea said.

"No,"

'He left us' said Adrea, her voice sounding strained.

I gasp again as I feel the bond continue to stretch as I ran around wild trying to get a scent trail, look for clues. I must have run around for hours looking for a simple scent, a footprint, a hair, a change in the wind, anything. I find myself on my knees as I stare at the note. Tear pour out of my eyes like a waterfall. Loud, painful sobs rack my body as my body tenses and un-tenses every couple of seconds trying to understand the sudden disconnection of the mate bond. 

I scream, the loudness scratching my throat as sobs rack my body, clutching the note to my chest as I cry. 

'He really left' Adrea said again, in a quieter tone.

"No, no, no," I said as my body erupts in hiccups. 

"Please no," I say as I let out another wail. My body suddenly caves, a scream of pain leaving my body as the mate bond dwindled until it was a small pit in my stomach, squeezing at my chest non-stop. 

I scream again as I cry, rain pelting my body as my shoulders shake in pain. I can't say how long I sat there on my knees as I yelled in pain, continuing to hold the note close to my chest. Both my hoodie and my denim jacket were drenched, my shoes ruined, my hair was a mess, and my sweats were wet and muddy.