1.8

***

I sat on the couch, Saturday morning cartoons playing as I sat in a pair of stolen pajama pants, pants stolen from Uncle Charlie, a big shirt, and a pair of fuzzy socks. It was pretty early and I had a steaming cappuccino in my hands.

"Hey sweetheart," Uncle Charlie said as he took a seat next to me, a cup of coffee from the pot I brewed for Uncle Charlie earlier. 

"Good morning," I said to him. 

"You've been doing a lot lately pumpkin, haven't seen you much, I was scared you'd drop one of these days," he said patting my shoulder making me chuckle.

He wasn't wrong, ever since the Cullens left it's been school, work, Bella, pack, school, work, Bella, pack, school, work, Bella, pack... and with the whole suicide fiasco, I'd been really running around lately. 

"Yeah, I know, it's just been so much lately," I told him, leaning over a bit, and giving him a small kiss on the cheek. 

"I've been meaning to talk to you about something," Uncle Charlie said making me turn to him with a raised eyebrow.

"Hm, what about?" I asked. He sighed, turning towards me in his seat on the couch. 

"The Cullens came back a while ago, and I know you and Jasper..." he trailed off. I sighed a bit and nodded before I looked at him. 

"I have a secret to tell you," I told him. 

"And what is that honey," he asked chuckling lightly. I leaned back on the couch, clutching the warm cup to my chest.

"You're right the Cullens did leave, so Jasper did too. But he promised to come back when he and his family worked some things out, and he did. He kept his promise," I said showing Charlie the necklace Jasper had given me. 

He looked at the necklace, and I couldn't help but sigh a bit on the inside, knowing he wouldn't understand. I mean the only way he could is if I told him I was a wolf which I don't think I really could. Not now at least. 

"Sweetheart, you're 19 so you're far from a little girl I can't really tell you what to do, but please, be careful. Seeing you like that when he was gone was heartbreaking. You're my little girl, so please, be careful this time," he told me reaching over and kissing me on the forehead. 

"Yea I will Uncle Charlie, I promise," I told him with a small smile.

He sat there for a while, leaning back against the couch cushions. I smiled a bit to myself, leaning my head against his shoulder.

"Thank you, Uncle Charlie, for everything," I told him as I stared at the coffee cup in his hands. I felt his body warm, and a kiss was placed on my forehead. 

"You don't need to thank me, sweetheart," he told me. 

After he finished his coffee, he got ready and headed off to the station, and when he left that's when I decided to go upstairs. I showered, dressed in severely ripped black jeans, a black hoodie with Bratz written in lavender, some black converse, and my blue denim jacket. I then grabbed my bag and put it on my shoulder. I wrote on a post-it that I was going down to the rez, then grabbed my keys and headed out. 

'No running today?' Adrea asked. 

'I just want to drive today, it's relaxing' I told her. 

She agreed in my head then went back to resting, which she's been doing a lot lately. 

As I drove down the road, I rolled the window down, letting the cool breeze hit my face soothingly. After a while, I arrived at the rez, getting out, and began my walk to Emily's house. I unlocked the door, as they'd given me a key a couple of months back before I walked in, and was met with the wonderous aroma of cooking.